This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rhyperior's design.

#61sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/21/2013 11:34:28 PM
snae99 posted...
Pay me to do it then.

In other words, you complain 'bout Rhyperior's design despite being unable to make a better one. Awesome.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#62SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/22/2013 12:00:45 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
snae99 posted...
Pay me to do it then.

In other words, you complain 'bout Rhyperior's design despite being unable to make a better one. Awesome.

I can't bake cakes from scratch. Am I not allowed to complain if I eat a cake that tastes like crap?
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#63NessEggmanPosted 4/22/2013 12:04:08 AM
Roobitysu posted...
Because it's not sleek and therefore they can't draw their furry smut of it.

Whaaat. Bulky Pokemon have their own entire fandom centered around them... Nidoking seems to be the most popular though. But I have a decent collection of Rhyperior. I loved Rhyperior's design as soon as I saw it. I thought it was weird but I liked it.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#64NessEggmanPosted 4/22/2013 12:08:10 AM
snae99 posted...
Pay me to do it then.

Why do people say stuff like this?

If people weren't able to complain about things just because they can't do it better, you would NEVER HEAR COMPLAINTS. But for some reason, people still complain!

People complain when they are unhappy or dislike something. Not when they see something of a lower skill level than their own. wtf wtf wtf. I don't understand why this "you do it better" mentality still exists.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#65sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/22/2013 12:30:02 AM
NessEggman posted...

If people weren't able to complain about things just because they can't do it better, you would NEVER HEAR COMPLAINTS.

And what a wonderful world we would live in!

People spend way to much time complaining 'bout crap. Way to little time enjoying life.
---
... Please, Sakurai?
#66NessEggmanPosted 4/22/2013 12:34:04 AM
NessEggman posted...

If people weren't able to complain about things just because they can't do it better, you would NEVER HEAR COMPLAINTS.

People spend way to much time complaining 'bout crap. Way to little time enjoying life.

I agree with this. But saying "you make a better one then!" is total fail logic.

Why don't you just say "Spend your energy loving the Pokemon you love!" or "What good will come of complaining?"

I think those are way more reasonable then "U cant do a better 1 so u no allowed complain!"

They have every right and ability to complain. Sure, it's stupid and pointless to. But it doesn't mean their right should be revoked or they're somehow unable simply because they can't do a better job.

Besides, sometimes complaints are needed in the world. I'm not saying it's the case here, but I mean... if no one ever complained, women would be powerless kitchen/sex tools and non-whites would be slaves. People have to complain sometimes!

But yeah, I can't say Rhyperior's design is really a case that warrants much public complaint, nor is it productive to engage in doing so.

But then again, are we being very productive by countering the complaints and posting in this thread? Probably not.

So whatever, just let people complain if they want to XZD Whatever makes them feel better.
---
#67BenzychenzPosted 4/22/2013 12:34:48 AM
NessEggman posted...

If no one complained and everyone just accepted everything there'd be no reason for anyone to make anything with any quality to it.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La Li Lu Le Lo]
#68sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/22/2013 1:17:37 AM
NessEggman posted...

I agree with this. But saying "you make a better one then!" is total fail logic.

Why don't you just say "Spend your energy loving the Pokemon you love!" or "What good will come of complaining?"

I think those are way more reasonable then "U cant do a better 1 so u no allowed complain!"

They have every right and ability to complain. Sure, it's stupid and pointless to. But it doesn't mean their right should be revoked or they're somehow unable simply because they can't do a better job.

Besides, sometimes complaints are needed in the world. I'm not saying it's the case here, but I mean... if no one ever complained, women would be powerless kitchen/sex tools and non-whites would be slaves. People have to complain sometimes!

But yeah, I can't say Rhyperior's design is really a case that warrants much public complaint, nor is it productive to engage in doing so.

But then again, are we being very productive by countering the complaints and posting in this thread? Probably not.

So whatever, just let people complain if they want to XZD Whatever makes them feel better.

Here's my logic, at least when it comes to complaining 'bout something like how a pokémon looks. You can disagree with the design choices and you don't necessarily have to like 'em. But how can you say that certain design choices, or the full design of pokémon is bad if you yourself could do no better if you were tasked with designing the same 'mon?

I think Venasaur is fugly as all hell... But I'm not gonna say it's a bad pokémon design when I know for a fact that if I were told to make a pokémon with a giant plant growing out of its back that I'd probably come up with the dumbest looking pokémon ever.

Note that I never claimed to like Rhyperior's design myself. I'll openly admit that the thing had to grow on me quite a bit and it's still probably not my favorite design for an evolution... But I can't say that it's a bad design since if it were me, I'd probably just give Rhydon a super mushroom and call it a day.
---
... Please, Sakurai?
#69LenneValkiryePosted 4/22/2013 2:27:31 AM
Another problem with almost all the Gen 4 evolution is that most of them took the previous stage and made it fatter.

Magnezone is fatter than Magneton.
Mamoswine is fatter than Piloswine.
Electivire is fatter than Electabuzz.
Magmortar is fatter than Magmar.
Lickylicky is fatter than Lickitung.
Tangrowth is fatter than Tangela.
Togekiss is fatter than Togetic.
Probopass is fatter than Nosepass.
Dusknoir is fatter than Dusclops.
Honchkrow is fatter than Murkrow.
Rhyperior is fatter than Rhydon.

And people have the nerve to say that Gen 1 designs were lazy. Are you freaking serious?
#70DragonDeoxysPosted 4/22/2013 3:24:46 AM(edited)
Blues255 posted...
I think part of the reason is that Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Rhydon all look similar, and while knowing Nidoking and Nidoqueen are final stages of Nidoran, Rhydon's appearance also looks "final." Giving Rhydon another stage above what looks "final" would be like adding blades to a broad sword, or extra barrels to a rocket launcher -- bulky, tacked on, unnecessary.

Your description of the broad sword sounds awesome. And because of that I would hardly call it "unnecessary". Rule of cool tends to work in different ways.

Another problem with almost all the Gen 4 evolution is that most of them took the previous stage and made it fatter.

Magnezone is fatter than Magneton.
Mamoswine is fatter than Piloswine.
Electivire is fatter than Electabuzz.
Magmortar is fatter than Magmar.
Lickylicky is fatter than Lickitung.
Tangrowth is fatter than Tangela.
Togekiss is fatter than Togetic.
Probopass is fatter than Nosepass.
Dusknoir is fatter than Dusclops.
Honchkrow is fatter than Murkrow.
Rhyperior is fatter than Rhydon.

And people have the nerve to say that Gen 1 designs were lazy. Are you freaking serious?

I don't see that as a problem. The only designs that I would say look uglier are Lickylicky and Tangrowth. Magnezone and Piloswine look considerably better than their previous forms.
The dislike on all 4th evos seems pretty irrational to me.

---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074