This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did any evolutions of previous pokemon ruin the pokemon for you?

#1IceDragon77Posted 4/20/2013 11:34:06 PM
I was so disappointed by Magnezone's design that I can't use a magnemite anymore.
Same with Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Magmortar, and Porygon Z.

Gen 4 was pretty terrible. Almost all of the evolutions of previous pokemon looked horrible in comparison to the original it evolved from.
I mean, Gallade is cool. Same with Froslass, Dusknoir, Mamoswine, and Gliscor, but holy crap the rest suck!
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#2CharizardFirePosted 4/20/2013 11:34:46 PM
Dusknoir is the only one that ruined an evolutionary line for me.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3LegendaryOozaruPosted 4/20/2013 11:35:41 PM
I was disappointed when Kangaskhan evolved from my level 295 Missingno.
#4MM125Posted 4/20/2013 11:35:50 PM
No.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#5EnferolunosPosted 4/20/2013 11:36:20 PM
Nope
I hate a lot of evos, but they never ruined the actual pokemon they evolved from
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6snuffles504Posted 4/20/2013 11:38:13 PM(edited)
Rhyperior and Magmortar are the first two that come to mind. Add Tangrowth and Lickilicky to that, but I've never used a Tangela or Lickitung anyway.

I don't love Togekiss's design, but I don't hate it, either, so meh, I'll use it. I don't like Magnezone's design, but my fondness for its typing, stats, and evolutionary line are too great to ruin it for me.

If forms count, then Newtwo is coming pretty close.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#7iKhanicPosted 4/20/2013 11:36:48 PM
None really ruined the previous pokemon. The old ones are still there.

But some pokemon just really Don't match their prevos. For example, Crobat, Mamoswine, Rhyperior, and Lickylicky just all stand out as not originally being part of the line.

On the other hand, Pokemon like Gallade, Gliscor, and Weavile fit right into their lines. In fact, I sometimes forget Weavile didn't exist in Gen 2
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8LightningAce11Posted 4/20/2013 11:36:52 PM
But magnezone was amazing! It made me want to use magnemite! On topic, magmortar. I don't want to trade to get something like that.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#9Arne83Posted 4/20/2013 11:37:18 PM
I honestly think Megnaton should of had Magnezone's design, Porygon-Z is one of my favorites, And while I don't care enough to actually use it... I can't bring myself to hate Probopass. Gotta love a Pokemon with a nice mustache.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#10Fludd47Posted 4/20/2013 11:53:50 PM
Ambipom anyone? I loved Aipom :(
---
NNID - Fludd47
3DS FC - 3454-0199-3904