This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#1
Such as Mismagius, who looks absolutely nothing like Misdreavus. Or Mamoswine, who loses the "Hairy" motif of the rest of the line.

I also didn't think Crobat fit the Zubat line very well, and this one doesn't really count at all, but for the record, Togetic was never what I expected for a Togepi evolution
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: nro87

nro87
3 years ago#2
I would say Froslass, but Snorunt and Glalie don't really fit together, either. That whole line just looks weird.
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.

User Info: Bountyan

Bountyan
3 years ago#3
Samurott. Should have stayed bipedal, and otter, and water/fighting.
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo

User Info: HHDeception

HHDeception
3 years ago#4
Samurott does look like an otter....
Sound good?

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#5
nro87 posted...
I would say Froslass, but Snorunt and Glalie don't really fit together, either. That whole line just looks weird.

Snorunt is based on a Japanese snow sprite (basically) and arguably a type of sushi, while Glalie is based on the oni (basically an ogre) with a food pun in its name - the Japanese name is a play on riceball ("onigiri").
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

iKhanic
3 years ago#6
Lexifox posted...
nro87 posted...

Snorunt is based on a Japanese snow sprite (basically) and arguably a type of sushi, while Glalie is based on the oni (basically an ogre) with a food pun in its name - the Japanese name is a play on riceball ("onigiri").

One could argue that there are some influences of an ice hockey goalie mask in Glalie, heirgo its name
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#7
iKhanic posted...
Lexifox posted...
nro87 posted...

One could argue that there are some influences of an ice hockey goalie mask in Glalie, heirgo its name

One should avoid using the non-Japanese names to determine what the Pokemon is intended to be, though.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 years ago#8
I like Electivire, but Electabuzz looked feline, while Electivire goes all yeti.

User Info: Bountyan

Bountyan
3 years ago#9
HHDeception posted...
Samurott does look like an otter....

It looks more like a sea lion.
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo

iKhanic
3 years ago#10
Rad_Dudesman posted...
I like Electivire, but Electabuzz looked feline, while Electivire goes all yeti.

That entire line is wonky.

It goes from power plug to Oni demon to Yeti
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived