This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

#1iKhanicPosted 4/21/2013 12:19:26 AM
Such as Mismagius, who looks absolutely nothing like Misdreavus. Or Mamoswine, who loses the "Hairy" motif of the rest of the line.

I also didn't think Crobat fit the Zubat line very well, and this one doesn't really count at all, but for the record, Togetic was never what I expected for a Togepi evolution
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2nro87Posted 4/21/2013 12:21:37 AM
I would say Froslass, but Snorunt and Glalie don't really fit together, either. That whole line just looks weird.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#3BountyanPosted 4/21/2013 12:45:15 AM
Samurott. Should have stayed bipedal, and otter, and water/fighting.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#4HHDeceptionPosted 4/21/2013 12:48:00 AM
Samurott does look like an otter....
---
Sound good?
#5LexifoxPosted 4/21/2013 12:48:48 AM
nro87 posted...
I would say Froslass, but Snorunt and Glalie don't really fit together, either. That whole line just looks weird.

Snorunt is based on a Japanese snow sprite (basically) and arguably a type of sushi, while Glalie is based on the oni (basically an ogre) with a food pun in its name - the Japanese name is a play on riceball ("onigiri").
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:50:07 AM
Lexifox posted...
nro87 posted...

Snorunt is based on a Japanese snow sprite (basically) and arguably a type of sushi, while Glalie is based on the oni (basically an ogre) with a food pun in its name - the Japanese name is a play on riceball ("onigiri").

One could argue that there are some influences of an ice hockey goalie mask in Glalie, heirgo its name
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7LexifoxPosted 4/21/2013 1:02:40 AM
iKhanic posted...
Lexifox posted...
nro87 posted...

One could argue that there are some influences of an ice hockey goalie mask in Glalie, heirgo its name

One should avoid using the non-Japanese names to determine what the Pokemon is intended to be, though.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/21/2013 1:03:51 AM
I like Electivire, but Electabuzz looked feline, while Electivire goes all yeti.
#9BountyanPosted 4/21/2013 1:13:08 AM
HHDeception posted...
Samurott does look like an otter....

It looks more like a sea lion.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:16:09 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
I like Electivire, but Electabuzz looked feline, while Electivire goes all yeti.

That entire line is wonky.

It goes from power plug to Oni demon to Yeti
---