This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if they added ATB battle system?

#1FalxXDPosted 4/21/2013 7:21:23 AM
Topic.
---
Official magikarp of the pokemon boards.
#2kwando1313Posted 4/21/2013 7:31:52 AM
Bad.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#3FalxXD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 7:34:59 AM
kwando1313 posted...
Bad.

I dunno, I'm ready for some new flavor to the battles, I'd love them to be a little more action oriented, like the cartoon, where you can actually see the moves/counters, like in the anime.
---
#4kwando1313Posted 4/21/2013 7:36:00 AM
No.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#5ryudin89Posted 4/21/2013 7:37:51 AM
No and the Speed Stat is why. An ATB system would completely ruin this game and make far too many pokemon useless.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#6FalxXD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 7:39:18 AM
ryudin89 posted...
No and the Speed Stat is why. An ATB system would completely ruin this game and make far too many pokemon useless.

So change the way the speed stat works, nothing says they have to stick to an old standard.
---
#7silgado106Posted 4/21/2013 7:43:16 AM
I'll break the mold and say that I would like to see this happen. However, it seems highly unlikely.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 7:45:50 AM
I'd quit the series.
When I play Pokemon, I want to play a turn-based RPG.

Seriously, an ATB system would just completely ruin a lot of things. Regigigas, for example, would never survive long enough to attack because Slow Start halves his Speed. You just need something fast like Weavile to get 6+ hits on him before Slow Start wears off.

Before you say "oh, they could change that," I've played Final Fantasy IV several times before. Speed is by far the most broken stat in that game. Just use Haste and Slow and your opponent will never attack again. Pokemon would become the exact same game.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9FalxXD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 7:47:48 AM(edited)
silgado106 posted...
I'll break the mold and say that I would like to see this happen. However, it seems highly unlikely.

I know right? This isn't my evil synical side, this is really what i've been wanting to see since the first pokemon stadium.

If not an ATB, maybe some sort of user interfaced AI.
---
#10ryudin89Posted 4/21/2013 7:51:34 AM
FalxXD posted...
ryudin89 posted...

So change the way the speed stat works, nothing says they have to stick to an old standard.

So how would you go about changing a stat the reflects how fast the ATB gauge fills? If you've played any Final Fantasy that included the ATB system you would know how easy it is to break it. And that's not even including naturally fast pokemon like ninjask. Or anything that could use Dragon Dance/Shell Smash/Agility etc..... Just no, this is a bad idea.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr