This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Version Mascotts

#11person_pitch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:22:21 PM
Meta289 posted...
It's hard to have starters as the mascots now due to the titles of the games. Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise worked as mascots because the games were Green, Red, and Blue. The mascots are supposed to match the color or theme of the title.

Right, Fire/Grass/and Water matched perfectly with the games. It makes you wonder what it would have been like if those weren't the same in every game. Ho-Oh is what Fire/Flying, somehow that's gold. Lugia is Psychic/Flying, and somehow thats silver. Maybe the typing doesn't matter as much as the color pallet of the actual pokemon.
#12Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 1:29:07 PM
Gen 1 and 2 it still seemed like they were getting into the swing of things with how mascots work.

Since Gen 3 they've always had a pretty firm grasp on how they should work.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#13VegantoKeensPosted 4/21/2013 1:39:20 PM
Well the box art just pretty much say: Hey, this pokemon is gonna be what the villain team is gonna be all about, even though they keep acting like it's a big surprise in the dialogue.

I'd rather they just put the two playable characters in the middle next to each other with a team of six pokemon surrounding them that are version exclusive.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#14R0cks0l1ddPosted 4/21/2013 1:41:09 PM
person_pitch posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
The only game without legendaries on the cover were Gen 1 games. What would they put on the game then? Just both games having Mewtwo on the cover?

Mewtwo wasn't the only legendary, genius.

But it had no parallel legendary that wasn't meant to be a secret. They would have had to leave out one of the legendary birds if they went that route.
---
Official everything of every board.
#15XazealPosted 4/21/2013 1:55:45 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
I'd rather they just put the two playable characters in the middle next to each other with a team of six pokemon surrounding them that are version exclusive.

I don't hate this idea, but it's risky to make such a big change. For example, casuals may just see the cover and assume it's a spinoff they don't need to bother with.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#16person_pitch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:59:03 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
person_pitch posted...
The only game without legendaries on the cover were Gen 1 games. What would they put on the game then? Just both games having Mewtwo on the cover?

But it had no parallel legendary that wasn't meant to be a secret. They would have had to leave out one of the legendary birds if they went that route.

Not if they released 3 games instead of 2. I'm also arguing that starters remaining on the covers would have been a better idea, and also not standardizing water/fire/grass as the starters for every Generation. It would also leave the legendaries in that legendary mystique, and make for a much more grandiose encounter in game.
#17CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 2:12:23 PM
I prefer Legendaries.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#18TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/21/2013 4:11:41 PM
person_pitch posted...

He was the only one that mattered.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn