This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If we MUST have new types...

#1MidnightCrewPosted 4/21/2013 2:43:33 PM
I'd want it to be something way more... imaginative than Light or Fairy type.

I'm not opposed to change or the addition of new types but my goodness people try and think of something more interesting if we must have them...

Something that can maybe pave the way for new types of designs, rather than types that a lot of pokemon already fit into. As has been said there are already a lot of fairy normal types. Making them all Fairy type would do very little.

Why not have a type that will actually bring something interesting to the games, something that will spawn creatures that have never been seen before in Pokemon? Rather than the boring fluffy pink balls with cute faces that fairy type would just give us more of.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#2EnferolunosPosted 4/21/2013 2:45:42 PM
Fairy doesn't just mean "cute blob"
They could do a LOT with fairy type
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3MidnightCrew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 2:46:40 PM
Enferolunos posted...

Yeah but not a lot which they haven't ALREADY done, which is my point. the cute blob was a bit of an exaggeration.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#4wind64aPosted 4/21/2013 2:46:40 PM
Or they could go the Seelie and Unseelie route and not make faries all cute and fluffy neccesarily.

That said, I'm still ambivalent about the new type idea.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#5Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 2:47:02 PM
Call me closed minded, but I don't see anything they could do with a Fairy type that couldn't be done with any of the types we already have.

The very concept of Fairy from what I'm hearing from everyone here just sounds like a blend of Psychic, Normal and Flying.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6EnferolunosPosted 4/21/2013 2:47:47 PM
MidnightCrew posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Yeah but not a lot which they haven't ALREADY done, which is my point. the cute blob was a bit of an exaggeration.

Really? You could argue against dragons with that. What more can they do with dragons?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7jobacohuePosted 4/21/2013 2:48:11 PM
They could do an Angel type which could combine light and fairy into one.
---
Official person of everything.
#8MidnightCrew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 2:48:39 PM
Strain42 posted...
Call me closed minded, but I don't see anything they could do with a Fairy type that couldn't be done with any of the types we already have.

The very concept of Fairy from what I'm hearing from everyone here just sounds like a blend of Psychic, Normal and Flying.

My point exactly! I mean, people take what should be interesting speculation of what sort of creatures COULD be in the series but instead all they want is more of the same, but with a different type, because that would make such a difference. :I
---
#9person_pitchPosted 4/21/2013 2:48:59 PM
I'm usually more conservative when it comes to typing and elements and all that. I think mana would be an okay type for that reason. It's not as general as magic, and has the specific quality of being kinda of normal/light/and fairy rolled into one. It's not any of those things, but is all of those things in element form. Mystic sounds like an adjective. Mana seems like a mystical element that doesn't share any properties with other elements.
#10Roc_RaidaPosted 4/21/2013 2:50:50 PM
I'd want it to be something way more... imaginative than Light or Fairy type.

Umm, why? I would argue that a Fairy type is more "imaginative" than most types.

Besides when has imaginative or non-imaginative meant good or not good? Seriously. -_-