This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A summary inside why we don't need these new type ideas.

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 4/21/2013 2:52:58 PM
Fairy: Why would we need a fairy type? Psychic is a pretty good relative. so there's really no reason to make this.
Sound: It would change most sound moves to this type, which could ruin a few strategies.
Light: I actually support this type.
Overall: A new type would throw everything off balance.
---
Pokemon red randomizer nuzlocke! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367023-pokemon-red-version/66003773
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#2jakovuPosted 4/21/2013 2:54:04 PM
"balance"
#3EnferolunosPosted 4/21/2013 2:55:13 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Fairy: Why would we need a fairy type? Psychic is a pretty good relative. so there's really no reason to make this.

Okay

Sound: It would change most sound moves to this type, which could ruin a few strategies.

God forbid people have to think of new strategies

Light: I actually support this type.
Overall: A new type would throw everything off balance.

Um

Also, about your title, it's not a matter of need
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/21/2013 2:56:27 PM

I'd disagree. While Psychic may be definitive of a certain number of pokemon, to generalize an entire collection of "Fairy" pokemon seems to me a folly. There are so many possibilities for a new type that if all were limited to Psychic, the type easily has the potential to become the most frequent amongst the generations. And at that point, we'd be lucky that a Dark type was introduced in the first place
---
Not changing this sig until Celtics beat the Knicks (Probably won't be long though)
#5Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 2:56:40 PM
I'm not sure how Sound would ruin strategies unless they decided to make a certain type completely immune to sound (rather than just Pokemon that have soundproof)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6Davidk92Posted 4/21/2013 2:56:51 PM

Dude, sequels force people to change strategies all the damn time. Especially if they're considered unfair.

What, do you think Valve should stop updating TF2 because their patches "ruin strategies"?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot