This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do 'ya WANT a new type?

#81Uru_ZephPosted 4/21/2013 8:59:11 PM
Yeah, sure. I don't think a new type would unbalance things nearly as much as others think it would. Mainly, I think the people who are really big into the meta just don't want to have to deal with how much they would have to rework their teams, because yeah, a new type would mix shtuff up. But it wouldn't "break" or "unbalance" the game.

That being said, I can't think of a single new element that would really be a good addition. So, while I'd be open to an addition to the type chart, I just can't think of any necessary new one.
#82darkheartVegetaPosted 4/21/2013 9:13:47 PM
i think it would add a new cool twist so yes
---
trainer name: angie
platinum FC: 4941 1682 6243 soul silver FC: 3395 6427 3941
#83EnferolunosPosted 4/21/2013 9:50:26 PM
Strain42 posted...
I hate the argument that if you don't want a new type it automatically means that you're "afraid of change."

You could just as easily say that the people who want a new type only want innovation for the sake of innovating. You want something new that doesn't need to be there.

And that would be an equally dumb thing to say.

Nobody is right on this subject.

I never said that anyone who doesn't want change is "afraid of change"
I just think "it could be bad" is a terrible reason not to want a change
"I just don't want it" is a more legitimate complaint than "it could be bad"
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#84dwdwdw6Posted 4/21/2013 10:04:27 PM
I'll post here what I'll post in every type topic.

Lol@ Fairy type.
#85BenzychenzPosted 4/22/2013 2:44:51 AM
Yes.
Been waaaay too long since a new type. New types are fun. Who gives a f about the 'metagame'.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La Li Lu Le Lo]
#86VegantoKeensPosted 4/22/2013 2:46:47 AM
The good reason is we would have something NEW added to the gameplay, to the story (gyms). New openings for designs, new chances for old pokemon to stand out, new moves to play with. You competitive players had 16 ****ing games where the type chart didn't change. If you love balanced and eternal rules so much, go play Fifa or Madden.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#87XWolfOPosted 4/22/2013 2:49:06 AM
Yes. I want them to break and mess up the competitive metagame as much as possible, and adding a new type is just one of the things they can do.
---
It's-a me!
#88pokemonfreak97Posted 4/22/2013 6:41:37 AM
Which types need to be better offensively? Better defensively? Which need to be nerfed offensively? Which need to be nerfed defensively? If you can put every type as a +/-/= in both offense and defense, then you have the type effectiveness of a new type. Just like Dark and Steel were added to nerf and buff existing types (Psychic and Fighting chief among them), this type would be designed first around its effectiveness and then around its concept. So assuming that it's SE on Dragon and Steel, NVE on Ice, weak to Poison, and resistant to Dragon, then

a) What are the rest of the matchups

and

b) Having done that, what would you call the type that has these matchups.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4