This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

#11Hughs_RagePosted 4/21/2013 5:55:48 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...
I didnt play gen 1 because some of the pokemon looked lame
like the pile of purple slime and the magnet with eyes

Generation 5 is the best <3

Ha ha, irony.

I mean some of the gen 5 pokemon are pretty weird like stunfisk and garbador but at least they get all the hate they deserve.
gen 1 gets praised for having best design when they have a brown head that turns into 3 brown heads
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#12FuneralCakePosted 4/21/2013 5:55:49 PM
I maybe used Pikachu and Butterfree, but I don't even remember. Red was sooooooooooooo long ago. The only thing I remember is that I picked Bulbasaur.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#13Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 5:56:26 PM
Pictocheat posted...
I could see using Pikachu, Butterfree, and maybe Pidgeot, but definitely not Beedrill. Butterfree was much more useful with Psychic attacks and status-inducing powders; the only thing Beedrill had going for it was Focus Energy + Fury Attack combo and Twineedle.

Also, even though Pidgeot is a pretty cool Pokemon, I never ended up using one on my final team. The fact that Gust wasn't a Flying-type move in Gen 1 didn't help, either. Fearow was (and still is) much better in my opinion; Drill Peck and Mirror Move FTW!

Hey, back in Gen 1 when the only attacks super effective against Psychic types were Twin Needle, Leech Life and Pin Missile, Beedrill was a gift from heaven (that ans Jolteon with Pin Missile)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#14EpsteinBarrPosted 4/21/2013 5:57:02 PM
My Blastoise was my entire team. Okay, I had pidgeys and stuff but they were only collateral damage.
#15PsychoWolfXPosted 4/21/2013 5:58:41 PM
Starter Pokemon - Pallet town
Pidgey - Route 1
Rattata - Route 1
Nidoran (male or female) - just outside of Pokemon League
Caterpi - Viridian Forest
Pikachu - Viridian Forest.

That's usually what my early game team consists of up to about Cerulean City.
#16GeneralCortezPosted 4/21/2013 5:59:40 PM
None
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#17PictocheatPosted 4/21/2013 6:00:32 PM
Strain42 posted...
Pictocheat posted...
I could see using Pikachu, Butterfree, and maybe Pidgeot, but definitely not Beedrill. Butterfree was much more useful with Psychic attacks and status-inducing powders; the only thing Beedrill had going for it was Focus Energy + Fury Attack combo and Twineedle.

Also, even though Pidgeot is a pretty cool Pokemon, I never ended up using one on my final team. The fact that Gust wasn't a Flying-type move in Gen 1 didn't help, either. Fearow was (and still is) much better in my opinion; Drill Peck and Mirror Move FTW!

Hey, back in Gen 1 when the only attacks super effective against Psychic types were Twin Needle, Leech Life and Pin Missile, Beedrill was a gift from heaven (that ans Jolteon with Pin Missile)

I think you forgot Lick, brah.
Jolteon was one pretty badass MF, having Electric, Fighting, and Bug-type moves, but I always tended to use Electabuzz instead for some reason.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#18PaulMalucciMDPosted 4/21/2013 6:09:42 PM(edited)
I remember using Venusaur, Pidgeot, Omastar and Flareon. Idk who else.
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#19LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/21/2013 6:09:12 PM
I dropped my Caterpie as soon as it evolved into a cocoon. I'd say the majority of my team came from the Safari Zone.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#20aurumArgentumPosted 4/21/2013 6:09:17 PM
Pictocheat posted...
Strain42 posted...

I think you forgot Lick, brah.

In Gen I Ghost-type moves were ineffective against Psychic-types.
---
I accidentally MK75