This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#41
pidgey wasn't the forest.
and i sure as hell didn't use BOTH caterpie and weedle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpmWHJQef0
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this

User Info: VeesMcGees

VeesMcGees
3 years ago#42
I only caught Caterpie when I was too lazy to get Abra. I'd get Pikachu every now then, but I rarely used Pidgey (I was a Spearow man) and Weedle even less.
Rarity, the pony.

User Info: Decon082

Decon082
3 years ago#43
Nowadays I pretty much only use my starter up until I can get a Sandshrew. But as a kid, I definitely used Pikachu and a Nidoran, and sometimes a Pidgeot. Of those three, only Pikachu was from Viridian Forest, because I'd catch the Pidgey on Route 1. :P
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
3 years ago#44
My Red, Blue, Yellow, Japanese Green, Fire Red or Leaf Green used no Pokemon from Viridian Forest. Pikachu doesn't count since it's a starter.
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.

User Info: IrisVile

IrisVile
3 years ago#45
Strain42 posted...
The first Pokemon I caught was Nidoran which was not in Viridian Forest. I think the next Pokemon I caught was Drowzee...which I used to catch Abra...which I then traded for Mr. Mime...which I never really used xD

No, in my first playthrough when I was a kid, nobody in my final team came from Viridian Forest.

This.

I caught Pidgey usually.
Then Nidoran male and female
Then either use Clefairy/Meowth/Vulpix/A grass pokemon
Then Lapras
And Starter.
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.

User Info: TruePowerSeeker

TruePowerSeeker
3 years ago#46
Nope. I used Viridian Forest to grind my starter up and get a few fodder pokemon that I could bring out to heal my Charmander.

By the time I got to the E4 my Charizard was super high level and all my other pokemon were from Victory Road.
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn

User Info: darkdragongirl

darkdragongirl
3 years ago#47
Nope I had Yellow.

Team:
Pikachu. Nixed Pikachu.

Caught a Pidgey on route 2? before the forest.
Kept Officer Jenny's Squirtle,
Caught a Ghastly then Haunter. Brother traded with me and I had a Gengar
.Turned Eevee into a Jolteon.
Caught a Growlithe and it became Arcanine later on.
Anti-brony, and whatever other hobbies that bring you happiness.

User Info: Godstriker8

Godstriker8
3 years ago#48
Hell no, as a kid it was just Venusaur all day, every day. Until I wasted my master ball on Articuno. My Venusaur murked Gary'd charizard at the E4.
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
3 years ago#49
I used Pidgeot and Butterfree, but I eventually swapped out Butterfree because it becomes less useful later in the game and all the Pokemon were new and exciting and I wanted to try many. Pidgeot proved useful for the whole game (AFAIK as a child; I didn't realize there were stronger things). Plus Pidgeot was the first Pokemon I caught.

Also you don't catch Pidgey in Viridian Forest.
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."

User Info: MaveCryst

MaveCryst
3 years ago#50
Nope :P Caught a Pidgey before I reached the forest, and didn't like bug pokemon at the time.

My standard pokemon lineup for gen 1 always had Charizard, Golem, Gengar and Articuno. Couldn't do without them. My other 2 got changed here and there, but I normally would have Zapdos or Jolteon to cover my electric typing. The last slot would have anything.. I even had a Wigglytuff to clear the E4, it seemed quite tanky actually...
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived