This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The protagonist should be able to talk in this game.

#1turkeltonjohnPosted 4/21/2013 4:48:25 PM
He should also have a backstory, these games are getting progressively bad with each release and I think the fact that you can't relate to the character or empathize with them has a lot to do with it.

Gamefreak, get off your asses and make a real narrative for once in a main game. Put effort into these games like you do the mystery dungeon series when you make a story. If main characters can talk there, why can't they here?
#2ryudin89Posted 4/21/2013 4:50:20 PM
Chunsoft makes the Mystery Dungeon games, not Gamefreak.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#3FuneralCakePosted 4/21/2013 4:50:59 PM(edited)

And actually they do talk. They say things like yes or no.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#4Mudkip43Posted 4/21/2013 4:50:47 PM
---
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#5Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 4:50:54 PM
I vote No. The last thing I need is for my character to decide to blurt out "I'm gonna stop you Team ______!" or "Yeah, I'm gonna be a Pokemon Master!"

I doubt they'd come up with any character besides Goody Perfect McGooderton for a playable character, so just let it be up to the imagination.

There are few games where I prefer a silent protagonist. Pokemon will always be one of those.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6Meta289Posted 4/21/2013 4:51:08 PM
Because the protagonist is supposed to be an avatar of the player, not an individual character.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#7ColtCababaPosted 4/21/2013 4:51:09 PM
They can. I tell people off by saying "No" right in their faces!
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
I hate everything.
#8turkeltonjohn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:51:16 PM
ryudin89 posted...
Chunsoft makes the Mystery Dungeon games, not Gamefreak.

I'm ruined!

They should take a lesson.
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 4:51:40 PM
Yeah. It's not like Nate was an actor or anything.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#10turkeltonjohn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 4:53:11 PM
Strain42 posted...
I vote No. The last thing I need is for my character to decide to blurt out "I'm gonna stop you Team ______!" or "Yeah, I'm gonna be a Pokemon Master!"

I doubt they'd come up with any character besides Goody Perfect McGooderton for a playable character, so just let it be up to the imagination.

There are few games where I prefer a silent protagonist. Pokemon will always be one of those.

On that note Link shouldn't be a silent protag either. Who says Gamefreak will make a goody goody character?