This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the current Type Chart unbalanced?

#11CharizardFirePosted 4/21/2013 6:23:41 PM
Yes, it's unbalanced.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#12iKhanicPosted 4/21/2013 6:29:09 PM
Nope. Though its better than in Gen 1.

Water is pretty broken in general. It only has two weaknesses, One to one of the rarest types in existence (Electric), and one that is horribly crippled by way too many weaknesses(Grass). It hits 3 of the most common attacking types super effectively (Ground, Rock, Fire), and resists 3 common attacking types (Water, Ice, Fire). The only types that resist it are itself, Grass (which is not a very good type), and Dragon, which secondary typing normally gets around.

Grass, Poison, and Normal all get pretty screwed. In fact there is no Normal type in OU
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13SettaWorldTeethPosted 4/21/2013 6:32:02 PM
My main gripe is that types like ice and rock have good offensive coverage but so many Pokemon of other types can learn their moves. Ice is almost outclassed by water since water types can learn most ice moves. Same goes for the sheer amount of Pokemon that can learn rock type moves.

Right now you hardly see any Ice, Poison or Rock types and I'd give them a couple of buffs so that they aren't useless or outclassed.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#14yzmanPosted 4/21/2013 6:33:45 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
I think water seems kind of OP...

Yeah, because Electric type moves aren't already on every team in the first place.

Which just furthers that electric is probably a bit overpowered. Electric is probably on every team due to water....
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#15SilverSaint7Posted 4/21/2013 6:42:49 PM
iKhanic posted...
In fact there is no Normal type in OU

You forgot Blissey.

But then again, Blissey being OU has more to do with how utterly ridiculous its stat spread is than being Normal type.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 6:48:44 PM
yzman posted...

Yeah, because Electric type moves aren't already on every team in the first place.

Which just furthers that electric is probably a bit overpowered. Electric is probably on every team due to water....

Electric is only resisted by itself, Dragon, and Grass.
Grass is an awful defensive type and that's sorta the point of Dragon. Electric attacks would be everywhere regardless.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#17iKhanicPosted 4/21/2013 6:54:07 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
yzman posted...

Grass is an awful defensive type and that's sorta the point of Dragon. Electric attacks would be everywhere regardless.

Electric pokemon are rare in the first place, and a crap ton of them are physically based. It also only hits Flying and Water super effectively, so if it weren't for the fact that Water was broken, it wouldn't be nearly as common.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#18themagicpainmanPosted 4/21/2013 6:55:14 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
yzman posted...

Don't forget, you know, the Ground immunity part.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#19Sir WillPosted 4/21/2013 6:57:44 PM
Yes it's unbalanced.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#20White_QueenPosted 4/21/2013 7:06:51 PM
Poison needs to be super effective against Water, Fighting, and Bug (again).

That'll balance things out.