This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the current Type Chart unbalanced?

#21LexifoxPosted 4/21/2013 7:08:00 PM
Poison needs a few more resistances, Ice could use a general buff, and Grass needs less weaknesses. That's all that springs to mind.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#22stranksyPosted 4/22/2013 2:58:48 AM
White_Queen posted...
Poison needs to be super effective against Water, Fighting, Psychic, and Bug (again).

That'll balance things out.

Fix'd that for you. Psychics are nowhere near as OP as they were back in Gen 1, but they still hold a lot of power; furthermore, it fits in with the weaknesses psychic already has (common fears: dark, bug, ghosts).

Furthermore, the poison being strong against both fighting and psychic will serve to deconstruct the extreme hierarchy of fighting and psychic that was established this generation.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#23ssj_duelistPosted 4/22/2013 3:04:21 AM
Er no, poison is not a common fear so it does not fit in with its weaknesses.

Ice could resist water since ice freezes water and water melts ice and water already resists ice.

Poison should be SE against water, this would be a HUGE buff and great balance for water which is the best typing in general.
#24Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/22/2013 3:18:20 AM
It bothers me that Poison isn't super effective against Water, Fighting, and Bug. I also think Ice should resist Flying attacks.

If they're adding new types, then I would hope they rebalance the type chart.
#25paiprPosted 4/22/2013 4:17:30 AM
Grass should loose its flying weakness.
water should be weak to poison
ice shouldn't be weak to fighting
fire shouldn't be weak to rock
bug should be weak to poison.
electric should be weak to water

just a few changes I could see. But yes I do think the type chart could use a rebalancing.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 4:51:11 AM
paipr posted...

just a few changes I could see. But yes I do think the type chart could use a rebalancing.

Wut.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#27paiprPosted 4/22/2013 5:41:01 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
paipr posted...

Wut.

rocks can be sparked to start a fire. Also I've thrown rocks at a fire and it didn't cause it to go out.
just like water types are susceptible to electric attacks water makes electric type short out. Look at any comic book character that has electric powers and at several points the will be stopped by water.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#28pokemonfreak97Posted 4/22/2013 5:45:45 AM
I think that Poison should be a better defensive type. Give it a resistance to something (I don't know, Electric? Water? Dragon? It just needs to be a better defensive type). It is just useless offensively because anyone who wants to use a Poison-type move that isn't Toxic can find a better move (probably Aerial Ace or Acrobatics) to do the same job.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#29CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 5:49:17 AM
paipr posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
paipr posted...

Wut.

rocks can be sparked to start a fire. Also I've thrown rocks at a fire and it didn't cause it to go out.
just like water types are susceptible to electric attacks water makes electric type short out. Look at any comic book character that has electric powers and at several points the will be stopped by water.

Well, removing Fire's weakness to Rock would be interesting...
And kinda nice for Volcarona and Char- Uhh... Ho-Oh...
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#30MM125Posted 4/22/2013 6:02:35 AM
Well of course it's unbalanced. It will never be perfectly balanced. The only way to have it perfectly balanced is to remove everything but Normal-type.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket