This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still play older gens?

#1PsychoWolfXPosted 4/21/2013 6:29:41 PM
Or do you just move on when a new game comes out and never touch your older games? It seems like a lot of people on here do that which...I guess should not really be much of a suprise considering how many of you play competivly.

I've always enjoyed playing through the older games. After reading that topic about Viridian Forest, I've decided to start a new game on Red of Blue later tonight.
#2LightningAce11Posted 4/21/2013 6:32:03 PM
I play emerald and leaf green from time to time. I just started yellow, but I'm not getting into it.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#3Strain42Posted 4/21/2013 6:32:31 PM
Fairly often, yes. I'm actually starting over in Crystal
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#4ryudin89Posted 4/21/2013 6:33:44 PM
I try to but I've been spoiled by B/W2 so it's kinda painful now.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#5NessEggmanPosted 4/21/2013 6:34:16 PM
Rarely, but I do. Most of the time I play the newest, though, because I like to play competitively, and build Pokemon for competitive matches and then use them in stuff like Battle Subway. Building competitive teams and testing them out is what is most fun to me.

But sometimes I still to play through an old adventure again. I usually play through gen 1 just for laughs, I guess lol.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#6themagicpainmanPosted 4/21/2013 6:36:18 PM
Every time I try, I get annoyed with the lack of the Physical/Special split.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#7XxWontonxXPosted 4/21/2013 6:36:27 PM
Fairly often actually, usually Gen 4 or 1.
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Mega Man for SSB4.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2013 6:38:03 PM
Yes.
I still play SoulSilver (my only previous game).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9FryDays5000Posted 4/21/2013 6:39:06 PM
ryudin89 posted...
I try to but I've been spoiled by B/W2 so it's kinda painful now.

^This
I still play gen 4 for shiny hunting, but I can't bare to do anything else due to how slow it is.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#10DestinyKnotPosted 4/21/2013 6:39:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]