This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which region had your favourite gym leaders?

#1LightningAce11Posted 4/21/2013 7:08:09 PM
Hoenn, Kanto and sinnoh had my favourites.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#2ColtCababaPosted 4/21/2013 7:10:17 PM
Sinnoh had Roark, Volkner, Byron and Maylene. Liked them the most.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#3TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/21/2013 7:11:48 PM
Unova! My babe Skyla and i also like Elesa too alot!

I also respect Draydens mustache and Marlon is cool
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#4Cheesepower5Posted 4/21/2013 7:22:43 PM
Tough choice, none of them are especially better or worse than the rest. I guess I'll vote for Gen. 1, since it has the best typings, but 3, 4 and 5 are really close with 2 not far behind.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#5SpiderLanternPosted 4/21/2013 7:40:14 PM
Hard to say. They all have gym leaders I liked and didn't like. I guess I'll go with Johto since I've always liked Morty's design and Jasmine is probably my favorite female gym leader. Plus Clair, Blue, Janine, and Whitney were good gym leaders too. Although shout outs to Giovanni, Koga, Volkner, Candice, Lenora, Drayden, and Marlon.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#6Godstriker8Posted 4/21/2013 10:36:28 PM
Kanto is the only region where I actually know every leader's name and their type. Other regions I would just beat them and forget with exceptions. At least gen 5 made the gym leaders actual characters in the story, and thus more memorable.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#7NessEggmanPosted 4/21/2013 11:23:18 PM
I really like all gym leaders... it is so hard to choose.

I think Hoenn was the first time I was really blown away by the gym leaders' designs. I'd have to say I think those are the best. They are overall more interesting than the others to me...

Roxanne - OK, she is normal-looking, but I think she's super cute and she has a Nosepass. Therefore I fell in love with her right away for having a Pokemon I loved. I also think her Nosepass put up a pretty good fight for that point in the game... she's less of a pushover than other first gym leaders.

Brawly - The most forgettable for me. I know he has fangirls, but I'm more into the round older guys :3 heheh ;;;; Which brings us to...

Wattson - Hells yeah!! Whoever designed him knows how to please me hahaha. A tubby older guy with a fuzzy face :) Nothing I love more. And he seems like a dedicated and caring guy, too... I like the little "New Mauville" subquest you can do later, which involves him. It made him more interesting to me.

Flannery - She's another "normal person" design, but I love how much spunk they gave her. I thought she actually seemed like she could be a real person, even with that crazy hair. Whereas other "normal girl" types like Whitney or Misty or whatever didn't seem very realistic. Of course gym leaders weren't as developed in Kanto days though. (I love Misty's design though).

Norman - Come on! He's your dad! That's the first time that the main character had an actual connection with a gym leader before meeting them, and I think the only time as much as I can remember.

Winona - She is also kinda forgettable to me, but at least she got a strange/unique costume.

Tate/Liza - Twins!! How cool is that? Also the only double battle gym in the entire series... I have to say that is really something. Even though they're kids and only had a couple of stupid Pokemon, they were pretty awesome.

Wallace - He is cool. He has a cool style. And he's a champion. Though my heart really goes to Juan. I also think that having two different leaders between RS and E made this more interesting.

With all that, and Emerald being the only game where you rematch gym leaders regularly and get to see them with awesome and tougher teams, I think that makes the Hoenn gym leaders much cooler than others!!

Of cousre, I can also base my judgment on sex appeal. Then I really don't know... Kanto has Blaine, Johto has Chuck, Hoenn has Wattson and Juan, Sinnoh has Wake and Byron, and Unova has Clay, Brycen, and Dryaden.

Yeah, Unova takes the cake there. Clay is a chubby guy, Brycen is cool, and Dryaden is OMFG DRAYDEN <3 <3 <3
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#8iKhanicPosted 4/21/2013 11:25:25 PM
Kanto. Johto's leaders looked awesome, Pryce and Clair had some of my favorite gym's ever, and Whitney and Jasmine provided a good challenge. But the issue was that they all used a horrible selection of pokemon.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9darkdragongirlPosted 4/21/2013 11:27:28 PM
Unova. Gym leaders were active to the plot.

And maybe Sinnoh design wise.
---
Anti-brony, and whatever other hobbies that bring you happiness.
#10VegantoKeensPosted 4/21/2013 11:31:05 PM
I'll go with Sinnoh. Volkner alone felt like he was E4 level stuff and I liked Gardenia and Byron too. The gyms itself were also placed in the best settings, each city really was connected to the gym.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake