This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type? about time, explains Sylveon's type secrecy for over two months.

#1Zero97Posted 4/21/2013 11:37:37 PM
It IS a new type after all (i know not confirmed blah blah)

For real now, why would Gamefreak hide Sylveon's typing, evolution of an old pokemon, for over two months? (and maybe more).

All the hints lead to fairy. it's even the lightest Eeveelution!, and as you may all know, Feelinara is it's german name, Fee is the name of the fairy egg group!!

Also, the best way to introduce a new typing is through an eeveelution, smart idea, that's also why of all new pokemon, we got an eeveelution revealed first :D

and tbQh, it's about time we a get a new type, feel free to be against my post or deny something or disagree, I'd welcome some discussion.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#2xyzlacticPosted 4/21/2013 11:42:19 PM
Agree all the way! Ignore the haters they are just old fashioned and dumb if they don't like change.

I guess I'll be a fairy type lover! I love ghosts types but I'll live fariys too! :ad
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#3Arne83Posted 4/21/2013 11:44:20 PM(edited)
zerokandery posted...
For real now, why would Gamefreak hide Sylveon's typing, evolution of an old pokemon, for over two months? (and maybe more).

Build suspense, generate hype, get fans interested...

Also, I'm not saying anything about Sylveon's type... I'm just answering a question.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#4Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:44:35 PM
Arne83 posted...
zerokandery posted...

.... that in the end it's just normal, or flying, yay.
---
#5Arne83Posted 4/21/2013 11:46:04 PM
zerokandery posted...
Arne83 posted...
zerokandery posted...

Hey, at least it's something.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#6Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:53:23 PM(edited)
xyzlactic posted...
Agree all the way! Ignore the haters they are just old fashioned and dumb if they don't like change.

I guess I'll be a fairy type lover! I love ghosts types but I'll live fariys too! :ad

YES! Let's spread the love!

Anyone who plays competitively much knows that half of the type chart is ****ed up.

Arne83 posted...
zerokandery posted...
Arne83 posted...
zerokandery posted...

Hey, at least it's something.

come on, the pokemon isn't even a legendary, and you can guess the typing 100% right if it was one of 7 eeveelutions of the past generations, or at least, not all of the pokemon fandom would be arguing about the typing 'till this time.
---
#7TheGaijinPosted 4/21/2013 11:54:50 PM
Fairy type Gym
"Hello, I am XXX, the Fairy gym leader, my Fairy pokemon will crush you and..."

Nope, sorry I just can't
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#8iKhanicPosted 4/21/2013 11:55:31 PM
Here's what I will say. They have made it's type extremely mysterious. No type is immediately clear from its design, like you said the type has been in mystery for a while, and the name doesn't blatantly refer to any existing type.

Sylveon is pretty clearly based on Sylph, which indicates flying type, but then where do Nymphs fit into that.

If this whole process had been applied to Umbreon back in gen 2, I bet the same thing would have happened. Umbreon's typing wouldn't be immediately clear from the old list of typings. It's name which is based on "Umbra" doesn't refer to any of the original 15 types either.

Most of the mystery surrounding Sylveon seems to suggest a new type.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/21/2013 11:55:56 PM
They did the same damn thing with Zekrom and Reshiram. I see no Light type for Resh
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#10AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 4/21/2013 11:58:58 PM
Actually, Sylveon's type is already known. It's a --

*gunshot*
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)