This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type? about time, explains Sylveon's type secrecy for over two months.

#11Arne83Posted 4/21/2013 11:59:30 PM
All I'm saying is you shouldn't put too much faith in some "new type"... it's just asking for disappointment. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that you should probably consider alternatives as well.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#12Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:04:25 AM(edited)
TheGaijin posted...
Fairy type Gym
"Hello, I am XXX, the Fairy gym leader, my Fairy pokemon will crush you and..."

Nope, sorry I just can't

and the last gym leader who said something like this is?

The_Sol_Blader posted...
They did the same damn thing with Zekrom and Reshiram. I see no Light type for Resh

They were LEGENDARIES, their typings were even tied to team *plasma, give me another example.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#13Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:22:03 AM
iKhanic posted...
Here's what I will say. They have made it's type extremely mysterious. No type is immediately clear from its design, like you said the type has been in mystery for a while, and the name doesn't blatantly refer to any existing type.

Sylveon is pretty clearly based on Sylph, which indicates flying type, but then where do Nymphs fit into that.

If this whole process had been applied to Umbreon back in gen 2, I bet the same thing would have happened. Umbreon's typing wouldn't be immediately clear from the old list of typings. It's name which is based on "Umbra" doesn't refer to any of the original 15 types either.

Most of the mystery surrounding Sylveon seems to suggest a new type.

Yup Yup.
now while I'm no so knowledgeable, let's check about the names again: (wikipedia)

- (Japan and French, Nymphia and Nymphali): From Nymph, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful.

-(English and Italian, Sylveon): From Sylphs, they are winged air elementals or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, Sylphs are female and are almost transparent

From Sylvan, In mythology, the term also refers to deities or spirits of the woods

-(German, Feelinara) Fee means Fairy.

now, what's the common factor ? :p
---
#14Peachrules14Posted 4/22/2013 12:31:45 AM
AirBorneCoffeeT posted...
Actually, Sylveon's type is already known. It's a --

*gunshot*

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/Peachrules14/sylveon.gif
---
SSBB: 4940-5108-0974
#15LexifoxPosted 4/22/2013 12:40:55 AM
So just making sure: The main reason everyone's excited over a "Fairy" type is that the guy who leaked Gen 5 stuff is talking about fairies, but also said Sylveon is a Flying type a while ago?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:43:54 AM
Lexifox posted...
So just making sure: The main reason everyone's excited over a "Fairy" type is that the guy who leaked Gen 5 stuff is talking about fairies, but also said Sylveon is a Flying type a while ago?

No, I always wanted it to be fairy since it's reveal, through time, some of you guys in GameFAQS are just downers and your brought my hype down, but This guy raised my hype again! and I'm more believing now.

btw, I'm prepared to be disappointed ;p I can control myself, (but we really need a new type)
---
#17reaverzPosted 4/22/2013 12:49:38 AM
Lexifox posted...

That's what I was saying at first too, but apparently the Flying-type comment was just personal speculation, i.e. "Sylveon looks like a Flying-type," and people mistook it as inside info.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 1:02:17 AM(edited)
I looked at Pokejungle, and it said that Hiro said that the official reveal would be "later today".

Yesterday.

Soo... I don't know where the original "leak" came from, but either Pokejungle misreported or he was lying.

EDIT: Re-read it, and "they" is kinda vague... and Pokejungle could have updated throughout the day... maybe I just misunderstood. But I'll believe it when I see reason to believe it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#19blackshoelacePosted 4/22/2013 1:26:10 AM
There will not be a new type. If there was, it would have been added in Gen 5. Why? Because X and Y started development after Game Freak finished Black and White, and there's no way the development team came up with the idea of adding a new type in that short gap. Think of how it would screw up things already, or what a waste of time it would be to make some Gen 5 Pokemon normal type (say, Audino) and then immediately make them "Fairy" type. This is just an example, as I can see some fairy-like attributes in Audino. Therefore Sylveon must be dragon type. It's the last remaining previously-special type Eevee needs to evolve into. Its name and design had to be something very unique while keeping that Eevee charm. It all makes sense.
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#20Izaya_sanPosted 4/22/2013 1:45:03 AM
"I know not confirmed"

^Walked out of this topic after reading this.