This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type? about time, explains Sylveon's type secrecy for over two months.

#21Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:52:15 AM(edited)
blackshoelace posted...
There will not be a new type. If there was, it would have been added in Gen 5. Why? Because X and Y started development after Game Freak finished Black and White, and there's no way the development team came up with the idea of adding a new type in that short gap. Think of how it would screw up things already, or what a waste of time it would be to make some Gen 5 Pokemon normal type (say, Audino) and then immediately make them "Fairy" type. This is just an example, as I can see some fairy-like attributes in Audino. Therefore Sylveon must be dragon type. It's the last remaining previously-special type Eevee needs to evolve into. Its name and design had to be something very unique while keeping that Eevee charm. It all makes sense.

No it doesn't.

short gap? no way?

3 years isn't a short gap, and re-typing isn't hard since the number of the pokemon that can be fairy are probably less than 50, and then doing the fixing and balancing and such, would probably just take half a year, I'd guess most of the XY mons are already designed, it's not just sugimori anymore, and I doubt they're going to add a large number of pokemon, around 100 is a safe bet, 3D models are ready for all past gens (they're even ready and shaded ready for 3DS stuff), what's left now is probably just graphics, performance and music :p

Izaya_san posted...
"I know not confirmed"

^Walked out of this topic after reading this.

you lied.

you posted, THEN maybe you left
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#22VegantoKeensPosted 4/22/2013 2:05:39 AM
I sure hope it's not the only new type. If Fairy is fair game, then so are Light and Sound for the two mascots. I would not give a rats ass about another Dragon/Flying or Dark/Flying and that deer looks nothing like a Fairy.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#23AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 4/22/2013 2:14:08 AM
Well, we do need a new type to balance out Pineapple type. That whole type has been over-powered since gen III.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#24xyzlacticPosted 4/22/2013 2:17:49 AM
blackshoelace posted...
There will not be a new type. If there was, it would have been added in Gen 5. Why? Because X and Y started development after Game Freak finished Black and White, and there's no way the development team came up with the idea of adding a new type in that short gap. Think of how it would screw up things already, or what a waste of time it would be to make some Gen 5 Pokemon normal type (say, Audino) and then immediately make them "Fairy" type. This is just an example, as I can see some fairy-like attributes in Audino. Therefore Sylveon must be dragon type. It's the last remaining previously-special type Eevee needs to evolve into. Its name and design had to be something very unique while keeping that Eevee charm. It all makes sense.

Wtf are you drunk? Non of this even made any sense. I almost lost IQ points from reading this atrocious statement!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#25MizunoRyuuPosted 4/22/2013 2:51:21 AM
First of all, no. Secondly, Sylveon is Normal Type. You're naive to think otherwise.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#26ReloadPsiPosted 4/22/2013 2:58:26 AM
I don't really mind, as long as it's not another near-duplicate of another type.

Time for me to learn another set of type matchups!

Incidentally my money was on it being Ghost because of sylph and all that.
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#27Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:21:18 AM
VegantoKeens posted...
I sure hope it's not the only new type. If Fairy is fair game, then so are Light and Sound for the two mascots. I would not give a rats ass about another Dragon/Flying or Dark/Flying and that deer looks nothing like a Fairy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos maybe?
---
#28supremeblasterPosted 4/22/2013 3:25:04 AM
Misleading topic title.
#29Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:28:04 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Misleading topic title.

Question mark.
---
#30supremeblasterPosted 4/22/2013 3:33:10 AM
zerokandery posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Misleading topic title.

Question mark.

The topic title suggested that Sylveon was confirmed to be a new type. I'm guessing most of the ones who clicked on this topic figured there would be some actual source that confirmed that Sylveon was in fact a new type.

Instead, we got more fan speculation.