This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type? about time, explains Sylveon's type secrecy for over two months.

#31Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:48:59 AM
supremeblaster posted...
zerokandery posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Misleading topic title.

Question mark.

The topic title suggested that Sylveon was confirmed to be a new type. I'm guessing most of the ones who clicked on this topic figured there would be some actual source that confirmed that Sylveon was in fact a new type.

Instead, we got more fan speculation.

Still, question mark in the title.

But you're an example, so there are probably others who thought like you, sorry.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#32IngSlayerPosted 4/22/2013 4:32:46 AM
You know, I think whoever decided to revealed this thing but not it's type and caused all this speculation BS for too long should be dragged into a torture chamber.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#33RJLuigiPosted 4/22/2013 5:07:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a Flying or Normal type. A fairy type seems rather odd considering Pokemon like Clefairy, Clefable and Cleffa already exist. They could of added a fairy type when cleffa was inroduced but they didn't.

If a fairy type does get introduced wouldn't they have to change the Clefairy family into a fairy type or make it a Normal/Fairy?
#34CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 5:32:08 AM(edited)
I don't think people quite fathom how fragile the type chart is...
Adding new types in Gen II was needed. The type chart was very broken.
Adding a new type now is stupid.

If we NEED a new type, here's what I think it should have:

Ideally, Ice, Grass, Poison, and Bug would resist it,
It would be SE against Water,
Steel, Grass, Poison, and Bug would be SE,
and it would resist Fire, Fighting, and Ground.

Now we have something SE against the type that deserves the complaints it gets (I agree that Water is slightly OP).
The types that need resistances most now have them.
The types that need SE hits most now have them.
And the types that need to be resisted most are resisted.

Dragon isn't hit for SE because Dragon is already balanced. It's only SE against itself and Ice type moves are common anyway. Also, the only three dragons that don't have another type to add a weakness are Druddigon (since when is Druddigon a problem?), Haxorus (that's what's great about Haxorus), and Kingdra (HOWEVER, Kingdra is Water type, which this new type is SE against).

Also, if there was a WhateverNewTypeGameFreakComesUpWith/Steel Pokemon, it wouldn't have any weaknesses.

However, I am completely against the idea of a new type at this point. Chances are, it'll just break broken stuff even more, or it would just suck.

*raises flame shield*
Hey! This is just an idea!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#35blackshoelacePosted 4/22/2013 5:24:29 AM
xyzlactic posted...
Wtf are you drunk? Non of this even made any sense. I almost lost IQ points from reading this atrocious statement!

It makes perfect sense. Are you still feeling the after effects from Saturday afternoon?
---
GoldenEye 007: [DS]Renfreak @ 2641-0130-7739
#36Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 5:29:01 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

Ideally, Ice, Grass, and Bug would resist it,
Steel, Grass, and Bug would be SE,

Now we have something SE against the type that deserves the complaints it gets (I agree that Water is slightly OP).

Dragon isn't hit for SE because Dragon is already balanced. It's only SE against itself and Ice type moves are common anyway. Also, the only three dragons that don't have another type to add a weakness are Druddigon (since when is Druddigon a problem?), Haxorus (that's what's great about Haxorus), and Kingdra (HOWEVER, Kingdra is Water type, which this new type is SE against).

Also, if there was a WhateverNewTypeGameFreakComesUpWith/Steel Pokemon, it wouldn't have any weaknesses.

However, I am completely against the idea of a new type at this point. Chances are, it'll just break broken stuff even more, or it would just suck.

*raises flame shield*

ctrl+f (poison) ... 0 of 0.
nope.
---
#37CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 5:31:34 AM
zerokandery posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Ideally, Ice, Grass, and Bug would resist it,
Steel, Grass, and Bug would be SE,

*raises flame shield*

ctrl+f (poison) ... 0 of 0.
nope.

Okay. Let's add Poison to the weaknesses.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#38Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 5:34:24 AM(edited)
RJLuigi posted...
I'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a Flying or Normal type. A fairy type seems rather odd considering Pokemon like Clefairy, Clefable and Cleffa already exist. They could of added a fairy type when cleffa was inroduced but they didn't.

If a fairy type does get introduced wouldn't they have to change the Clefairy family into a fairy type or make it a Normal/Fairy?

Gen 1 was too flawed in that department.

and, GF was afraid of change starting from gen 2.

As soon as Masuda took over the pokemon projects, we're now starting to see serious changes!

and last thing that everyone should know, Fairy type is as odd as dragon type.
---
#39Lone_HunterPosted 4/22/2013 5:34:29 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

Ideally, Ice, Grass, Poison, and Bug would resist it,
Steel, Grass, Poison, and Bug would be SE,

*raises flame shield*

I was going to post so long speech but this guy summed it all up nicely (especially the part I put in bold)
---
~Elite Divided Guild Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
FC: (W)1249-2194-5577 (W2)2924-7521-0718
#40pokemonfreak97Posted 4/22/2013 5:39:36 AM
Nobody seems to realize: if it's pure-Flying, that is nearly unique, shared only with Tornadus. It's not a letdown.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4