This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type? about time, explains Sylveon's type secrecy for over two months.

#51mada7Posted 4/22/2013 7:34:14 AM
zerokandery posted...
iKhanic posted...
Here's what I will say. They have made it's type extremely mysterious. No type is immediately clear from its design, like you said the type has been in mystery for a while, and the name doesn't blatantly refer to any existing type.

Sylveon is pretty clearly based on Sylph, which indicates flying type, but then where do Nymphs fit into that.

If this whole process had been applied to Umbreon back in gen 2, I bet the same thing would have happened. Umbreon's typing wouldn't be immediately clear from the old list of typings. It's name which is based on "Umbra" doesn't refer to any of the original 15 types either.

Most of the mystery surrounding Sylveon seems to suggest a new type.

Yup Yup.
now while I'm no so knowledgeable, let's check about the names again: (wikipedia)

- (Japan and French, Nymphia and Nymphali): From Nymph, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful.

-(English and Italian, Sylveon): From Sylphs, they are winged air elementals or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, Sylphs are female and are almost transparent

From Sylvan, In mythology, the term also refers to deities or spirits of the woods

-(German, Feelinara) Fee means Fairy.

now, what's the common factor ? :p

They all fly
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#52Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:04:09 PM
SlimeStack posted...
There is no secret.

Sylveon and Mewtwo's form are part of the next movie. They're not being promoted as X and Y news yet, so lots of details are missing. Wait until they start focusing on the games.

Oh that's why we got footage of them(first time in pokemon history something like this happens) as soon as they were revealed and knowing their height, etc, and getting sugimori art all before knowing their role in the movie or if they will be in it, right?

also, to above poster, you never saw a fairy that flies?
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97