This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where is all this "Fairy Type" discussion/speculation coming from?

#1TyranidomegaPosted 4/22/2013 5:18:13 AM
Just curious, and because of all types to speculate(not as rediculous as plastic, wood, etc.). Was there some leak or something, or is it just GameFAQS being GameFAQS(Someone proposed the idea and of course, knowing the nature of this site, everyone had to jump on it)
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 5:22:48 AM
Gamefaqs is being Gamefaqs.

Here, have a cookie.
*offers platter*
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3SilverSaint7Posted 4/22/2013 5:26:20 AM
The same dude that leaked the entire BW pokedex before the games came out said that Xerneas, Sylveon, and Clefairy are Fairy type and that Yveltal is Dark/Flying. It's up to you if you want to believe him or not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#4Zarren364Posted 4/22/2013 5:29:10 AM
IIRC, it's from a tweet from a guy that runs a spanish website. The issue is the word used to describe fairies in spanish is the same as the world that they use to label the 600BST legendary Pokemon (Mew,Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini)
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#5Reborn_SigmaPosted 4/22/2013 5:35:04 AM
Zarren364 posted...
IIRC, it's from a tweet from a guy that runs a spanish website. The issue is the word used to describe fairies in spanish is the same as the world that they use to label the 600BST legendary Pokemon (Mew,Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini)

There is no such issue. Hiro called Sylveon and Xerneas Fairy types, plain and simple.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 4/22/2013 5:35:38 AM

No, that "issue" has since been clarified by Hiro. It is definitely a new type, sez he.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/22/2013 5:35:54 AM
Oh, so the word they use for the "Mythical Pokémon" (official event Pokémon designation) in Spanish translates to "fairy"? Interesting. See, that is what makes this hard; a genuine "Fairy" type would be ludicrous and not really good for Xerneas, at least (what about that is like a fairy) (Altaria, before anyone asks, is based on a bird from Chinese mythology, often portrayed as having a dragon's head and whiskers. So it is based on something that is a dragon.), while Xerneas is most likely not an event Pokémon, and Clefairy isn't either.

I just wish I could see the original "info" that all this speculation comes from.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/22/2013 5:46:51 AM
Where is all this "Fairy Type" discussion/speculation coming from?

Short answer: Idiots and trolls.

Long answer: Idiots and trolls who just want to be obnoxious.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#9KitschgardenerPosted 4/22/2013 5:51:25 AM
Oh, so the word they use for the "Mythical Pokémon" (official event Pokémon designation) in Spanish translates to "fairy"?

No.

I just wish I could see the original "info" that all this speculation comes from.

His Twitter is private and that's baaasically about as first-hand as you're going to get since there's no official images or anything yet.
#10SilverSaint7Posted 4/22/2013 5:53:58 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Oh, so the word they use for the "Mythical Pokémon" (official event Pokémon designation) in Spanish translates to "fairy"?

No.

His Twitter is private and that's baaasically about as first-hand as you're going to get since there's no official images or anything yet.

He also announced it on his facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Pokemaniacos.Wifi.Club
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif