This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how do you nickname your Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So how do you nickname your Pokemon?
3 years ago#1
And if you don't well then...I guess I don't understand why you'd click the link to get here, but welcome anyways :P

Do you have set names that you like to use or do you mix it up for each Pokemon?

I name my Pokemon after the six party members from the game Digital Devil Saga (and yes, I know that these party members are all named after Hindu deities)

Varna/Varnani, Agni, Prithivi, Vayu, Dyaus, and Indra

And whenever they do a remake I use their human names

Serph/Sera, Heat, Argilla, Gale, Cielo, and Roland

How about you all?
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
3 years ago#2
When you catch them, it gives you the chance to, and if you don't then, you can do it at the Name Rater's house.

I generally just use whatever name comes to mind or don't nickname them.
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
3 years ago#3
So many naming inspirations, I can't even list them
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
3 years ago#4
Hey Strain, it's been a while.

I don't have a pattern, but I guess I go off of old gods and myths with literary and MTG references
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
3 years ago#5
I use random foreign-ish words that vaguely describe the Pokémon in question. I mix teams up regularly so I don't name them as part of a set.
3 years ago#6
pokemonfreak97 posted...
When you catch them, it gives you the chance to, and if you don't then, you can do it at the Name Rater's house.

I generally just use whatever name comes to mind or don't nickname them.

Ha ha
-_-
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
3 years ago#7
I nickname them based on weather or not I feel like it and I use names that fit them.

Blaziken is C. Falcon,
Terrakion is Roflstompr,
Rattata is Top %,
My next Heatran will be Rubicante ("The frozen winds of hell's ninth circle could not penetrate this cloak of flame I wear")
And my Shiny Haxorus is Fuffy.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
3 years ago#8
If I feel there is a name I find more fitting for a pokemon than its given name, I'll usually nickname it that; Wotter for Oshawott, Avogodrill for Excadrill, things of that nature.
Then I have teams created from characters of my own writing that use the most close relation I have access to as a medium.
Then I base all the rest on other characters, lore, regions; I've gone through Africa/Sahara/Mombai/Caineghis, Canada/Arctic/Chicago/Nailah, and Bermuda/Giffca plus two others I can't think of as names for the Legendary Beasts alone, as well as names from Fire Emblem, other games (KingK.Rool for Feraligatr), Lion King (Watchog and Mamoswine)...
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
3 years ago#9
I just use whatever name comes to mind.

Emboar became Kagutsuchi
Groudon became Apocalyps
Sigilyph became Mindsoar
Zapdos became Alcadeias
Volcarona became Mothra
I like English dubs.
3 years ago#10
If I think of a specific nickname with a special meaning, I will use it. If not, I like to use Anime characters that match the Pokemon in some way.
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So how do you nickname your Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived