This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What other three types could make a starter trio

#1chaingear097Posted 4/22/2013 9:40:42 AM
I was thinking of three currently existing types which could make a starter triangle like
Fire>Grass>Water>Fire

They could be dual types in further evolutions but their initial types would have to match up to the triangle.

The only other trio I can currently think of is
Fighting>Dark>Psychic>Fighting

Any other suggestions? :)
---
Now ur looking for the secret. But you wont find it because of course, ur not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be, fooled.....
#2ScepterOfLovePosted 4/22/2013 9:42:40 AM
Fighting Flying Rock
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#3DarkDragon386Posted 4/22/2013 9:43:00 AM
Rock>Flying>Fighting>Rock

Matches the triangle perfectly
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#4professortreePosted 4/22/2013 9:43:15 AM
flying>rock>fighting>flying
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblh2mGjue1qz8x31o1_400.gif
#5matt-nicklinPosted 4/22/2013 9:52:58 AM
Ground > rock > ice > ground

Ground > steel > ice > ground

Fire > ice > ground > fire

Fire > steel > rock > fire

Flying > grass > rock > flying

Flying > fighting > rock > flying

Flying > fighting > ice > flying

Just some off the top of my head, also fighting dark psychic wouldn't work as psychic is immune to dark which is a little unfair.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907
#6BountyanPosted 4/22/2013 9:55:30 AM
There are plenty, but I think Grass/Fire/Water is the only "perfect" trio, i.e. one is super effective against another, one is not very effective against another, and each type is not very effective against itself.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#7chaingear097(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:59:22 AM
matt-nicklin posted...

Just some off the top of my head, also fighting dark psychic wouldn't work as psychic is immune to dark which is a little unfair.

Yeah I see I just realized...but don't you mean Dark is immune to Psychic attacks?
---
Now ur looking for the secret. But you wont find it because of course, ur not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be, fooled.....
#8Pooo869Posted 4/22/2013 10:23:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 10:44:04 AM(edited)
matt-nicklin posted...
fighting dark psychic wouldn't work as psychic is immune to dark which is a little unfair.

Rock/Paper/Scissors wouldn't work because Rock CRUSHES Scissors, Scissors CUTS APART Paper, but Paper only covers Rock.

Who cares about degree? GameFreak sure doesn't, cough Charizard cough Swampert, cough Empoleon vs. Torterra cough.

Also: Opelucid multibattle trainers. One uses Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour. The other uses Elgyem, Pawniard, and Bisharp. You decide what to make of that.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10HejiruPosted 4/22/2013 11:29:19 AM
There are exactly three triangles that mimic that Grass/Fire/Water in the same way:

Rock/Flying/Fighting
Fire/Steel/Rock
Grass/Ground/Poison

That's it. Dragonfree used a program to determine this, so no, I didn't "forget" any.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy