This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What other three types could make a starter trio

#11matt-nicklinPosted 4/22/2013 12:12:40 PM
chaingear097 posted...
matt-nicklin posted...

Just some off the top of my head, also fighting dark psychic wouldn't work as psychic is immune to dark which is a little unfair.

Yeah I see I just realized...but don't you mean Dark is immune to Psychic attacks?

Yeah that's what I meant, I think I was trying to say psychic attack wouldn't work against dark but worded it wrong
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907
#12VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/22/2013 12:16:55 PM
IF they made Light, I could see...

Light>Dark>Psychic>Light

But, how it stands now...

Dragon>Dragon>Dragon>Dragon.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#13BlueDryBones1Posted 4/22/2013 12:19:27 PM
Ground>Electric>Flying>Ground
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#14S1-Winged_AngelPosted 4/22/2013 12:23:08 PM
Hejiru posted...
There are exactly three triangles that mimic that Grass/Fire/Water in the same way:

Rock/Flying/Fighting
Fire/Steel/Rock
Grass/Ground/Poison

That's it. Dragonfree used a program to determine this, so no, I didn't "forget" any.

This is not true because Rock, Ground, Fighting, and Poison do not resist themselves as the Grass/Water/Fire set does.

Grass halves against Grass
Water against Water etc.
#15jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 12:23:19 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Ground>Electric>Flying>Ground

Flying doesn't technically beat Ground, and a lot of Ground types know Rock moves. Though if all they have is STAB... *looks to the Battle Bingo minigame in Pokémon XD*
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#16jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 12:24:15 PM
S1-Winged_Angel posted...
This is not true because Rock, Ground, Fighting, and Poison do not resist themselves as the Grass/Water/Fire set does.

And now we've gone from stuff that probably doesn't matter to stuff that definitely doesn't matter. If GameFreak cared whether starters resisted their own initial types, Swampert and Torterra would not exist.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#17yzmanPosted 4/22/2013 12:39:04 PM

And now we've gone from stuff that probably doesn't matter to stuff that definitely doesn't matter. If GameFreak cared whether starters resisted their own initial types, Swampert and Torterra would not exist.

Exactly, I don't understand why people get stuck on these little details that don't matter. Big deal if they don't resist themselves? Or big deal that dark is immune to psychic? When are you ever going to be using your not very effective attack against your enemy? If you do, you probably deserve to lose.

The ONLY requirement should be that they fit in a triangle of super effectiveness. We don't need to mimic fire/water/grass exactly. Its thinking like this that causes companies to never come up with original ideas. And honestly, I am sick of fire/water/grass starters.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#18IrisVilePosted 4/22/2013 12:46:38 PM
Water/Electric/Ground
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#19HejiruPosted 4/22/2013 2:29:52 PM
Hejiru posted...
There are exactly three triangles that mimic that Grass/Fire/Water in the same way:

Rock/Flying/Fighting
Fire/Steel/Rock
Grass/Ground/Poison

That's it. Dragonfree used a program to determine this, so no, I didn't "forget" any.

Grass halves against Grass
Water against Water etc.

Nobody cares about the types resisting themselves. I'm talking about Grass beating Water and Fire resisting Grass, etc.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#20MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/22/2013 2:32:51 PM
chaingear097 posted...

Fighting>Dark>Psychic>Fighting

Any other suggestions? :)

You've gotta be kidding me.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.