This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What other three types could make a starter trio

#21MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/22/2013 2:34:55 PM
Unfortunately, Rock/Flying/Fighting screws the Fire Type over in all 3 ways.

Flying: 4x Rock
Rock: 4x Water 4x Ground
Fighting: FANBASE RAGE
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#22jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 2:43:43 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Unfortunately, Rock/Flying/Fighting screws the Fire Type over in all 3 ways.

Flying: 4x Rock
Rock: 4x Water 4x Ground
Fighting: FANBASE RAGE

And if you try to do a reverse triangle with the types (as the fourth gen kinda-sorta-almost did), you get Water/Flying (not weak to Grass), Grass/Rock (not weak to Fire), or... FANBASE RAGE! Though if you go in the same direction as the "main" triangle, the failures only happen in the Fire/Fighting case.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#23Pendragon71037Posted 4/22/2013 2:51:20 PM
jayman7 posted...
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Ground>Electric>Flying>Ground

Flying doesn't technically beat Ground, and a lot of Ground types know Rock moves. Though if all they have is STAB... *looks to the Battle Bingo minigame in Pokémon XD*

Why doesn't flying beat ground? Isn't it SE? For that matter, does water resist flying? That's the only thing I can think of which allows Swampert and such to only have one weakness.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#24NessEggmanPosted 4/22/2013 3:06:31 PM
Dragon > Dragon > Dragon > Dragon

And flying is not SE against ground. It just affects regularly.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#25jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 3:58:57 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...
jayman7 posted...
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Ground>Electric>Flying>Ground

Flying doesn't technically beat Ground, and a lot of Ground types know Rock moves. Though if all they have is STAB... *looks to the Battle Bingo minigame in Pokémon XD*

Why doesn't flying beat ground? Isn't it SE? For that matter, does water resist flying? That's the only thing I can think of which allows Swampert and such to only have one weakness.

... Is this a joke post?

Water doesn't resist Flying, and Ground isn't weak to it. They're both neutral.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#26chaingear097(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 1:47:15 AM
chaingear097 posted...

Fighting>Dark>Psychic>Fighting

Any other suggestions? :)

You've gotta be kidding me.

Im sorry, did I miss something? Or did this post piss you off in some way :(
---
Now ur looking for the secret. But you wont find it because of course, ur not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be, fooled.....
#27chaingear097(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 1:53:47 AM
Thanks for the constructive inputs... though they might look odd if GF really did use these starter trios...

The purpose of this post was just an exercise as the question bugged me since GEN 1... though I agree that Fire,Water and Grass make the perfect starter trio as GF intended them to be :))

I'm just hoping for the next Gen starter trios would have unique Dual Types this time around.

I'd really like to see a final form other than Fire/Fighting and Grass/Poison :)
---
Now ur looking for the secret. But you wont find it because of course, ur not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be, fooled.....
#28NekoHime64Posted 4/23/2013 1:54:34 AM
Uh... Electric/Water/Ground/Electric?
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#29MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/23/2013 4:00:40 AM
chaingear097 posted...
chaingear097 posted...

Fighting>Dark>Psychic>Fighting

Any other suggestions? :)

You've gotta be kidding me.

Im sorry, did I miss something? Or did this post piss you off in some way :(

I'm really sorry. I see so many people calling that a "true type triangle" but ignoring the "Psychic can't hit Dark" aspect, and it really has me annoyed.

So whenevver I see ANYONE post something like that, I have the impulse to get mad about it.

But I can see that you realized your error in a later post, and I'm real sorry for getting mad.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#30Gray_AreasPosted 4/23/2013 6:10:57 AM
I think the reason they stick with the Grass/Water/Fire trio is because any five year old child that gets the game and easily work out that Water beats Fire, Fire beats Grass, and that Grass beats Water. A lot of those other triangles would be harder for someone new to Pokemon (especially if they are young) to figure out.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480