This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy Type?

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 4/22/2013 11:15:46 AM
http://gengame.net/2013/04/rumor-pokemon-x-y-to-debut-new-fairy-type/

Nintendo and The Pokémon Company have worked hard to keep the type to which the brand-new Eevee evolution Sylveon belongs a secret, which has led to extensive speculation that it could introduce a new Pokémon type. However, it’s been a challenge coming up with the type to which it might belong. “Light-type” has been one of the most common guesses, as a contrast to Dark-type; however, in Japan, the Fighting-type is actually called “Hero-type,” which seems like it’s already an analog to Light.

However, a new rumor from a Twitter user named @Hirobyte, who claims to be Jesús Casado from the Spanish Official Nintendo Magazine – one of two employees of said magazine who were responsible for leaking the Black & White Pokédex ahead of the game’s launch – says Sylveon is actually a “Fairy-type” Pokémon.

Click below for more details and an explanation for why this could make sense.

According to Hirobyte, Sylveon isn’t the only known Fairy-type – the legendary Xerneas belongs to this group as well, with Yveltal being a hybrid Dark/Flying Pokémon. This would seem to place the Fairy-type in opposition to the Dark-type. In addition, a number of older Pokémon who fit the “Fairy-type” mold, including Togepi, Clefairy, and others will be re-typed to expand the new type to encompass more monsters.

Looking at the image above, which comes from a new Eeveelutions short to debut alongside the next Pokémon movie, it does seem that it fits with an all-new type. Notice how each of the other Eeveelutions has an emblem behind it that fits with its own type – Sylveon’s is the only one that doesn’t obviously point to any existing type. It’s pink in color as well, and some have pointed out that it features what appears to be a fairy-like wing, which seems to further suggest the new type is genuine.

NeoGAF users have identified a number of other Pokémon who could theoretically be re-classified as Fairies. Oddly enough, there’s already a “fairy” Egg Group for breeding, so it could be that many of them will be re-typed. Here’s the list they came up with:

Jirachi
Celebi
Jigglypuff
Chansey
Dunsparce
Milotic
Azelf
Luvdisc
Audino
Musharna
Can you think of any others that might be appropriate Fairy-types?
---
Help me ban the most hated user on GameFAQS.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2jayman7Posted 4/22/2013 11:19:13 AM(edited)
Dark_Zoroark posted...
the Fighting-type is actually called “Hero-type,” which seems like it’s already an analog to Light.

The lies! They sting and they burn and they lie to me!!!

In Japan, the Fighting type is know as... the Fighting type. OOH SHOCK WTF! That it's the "Hero" type in Japan is a persistent rumor, nothing more.

(Dark is "Evil" in Japan though.)

Anyway, this is old news, and just because he revealed true information before doesn't mean he's revealing true information now. I mean, we'll see, but if this is true? This Hiro guy is more than likely getting incredibly fired and sued. So is he a liar or a fool? And which would you sooner trust?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3yzmanPosted 4/22/2013 11:23:03 AM

Jirachi
Celebi
Jigglypuff
Chansey
Dunsparce
Milotic
Azelf
Luvdisc
Audino
Musharna

How did they not include mesprit and uxie on that list? Or CLEFAIRY for that matter?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#4wind64aPosted 4/22/2013 11:26:39 AM
yzman posted...

Jirachi
Celebi
Jigglypuff
Chansey
Dunsparce
Milotic
Azelf
Luvdisc
Audino
Musharna

How did they not include mesprit and uxie on that list? Or CLEFAIRY for that matter?

No Granbull, I am disappointed.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#5PheonixFFire7Posted 4/22/2013 11:48:51 AM
Fairy type sort of is the Light type, without being called Light type. All the cutesy, winged, "good" creatures that would've been Light (if you go with the more angelic/holy interpretation) would be Fairy. And I imagine, they'll probably either be strong or weak against Dark (or maybe both) anyway. The good, pure-hearted Fairies will be weak to the sinister underhanded tactics of the Dark types....or if they go the other way, the cowardly tactics of the Dark-type is no match for the shining purity of the Fairy-type.

It's basically Light. It fits.