This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you change about entry hazards?

#11Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/22/2013 2:41:04 PM
Nograd789 posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Make an item that provides immunity to entry hazards.

Now you can laugh at Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock all day, at the cost of your item slot.

even better - item that does what magic guard does. No residual damages!

Nah, that would be too overpowered. Unless they made it "breakable", like Air Balloon.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#12Pendragon71037Posted 4/22/2013 2:46:48 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Stealth Rock's damage percentage is absolute.
So Charizard will take as much percentage of it as Lucario.

This completely ruins Spikes, as that's what they do, except the take three turns to set up and can't hit anything off the ground.

Okay.
Let's keep SR as being broken then.

That's not at all what I'm saying, I'm just saying this is a superior spikes. What would make hazards less broken IMO, is if there were more of them, they all did typed damage, and they couldn't stack. Now entry hazards are another element of strategy, because 1. You have to decide which type to bring, 2. You need a pokemon that can deploy the ones you need, and 3. you have to decide whether to spin the stealth whatever away, because th opponent might have a more crippling hazard up his sleeve. Spikes could stack with one type only, just as a kind of insurance, but it should be able to hit everything. It could still take three setup turns though. Also Toxic Spikes wold be rest conned into the stealth poison, but only take one turn to set up. Now that I think about it, what if all the stealth took two turns to get where rocks is now, and do half normal damage at stage one? One more thing, there should be more rapid spins, and they should be learned by more things.

TL;DR more, non stackable hazards that take two turns setup, spikes hits everything, more, and more learnable, spins.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#13ColtCababaPosted 4/22/2013 2:52:37 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3oqimo.jpg
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#14LexifoxPosted 4/22/2013 3:07:22 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

This completely ruins Spikes, as that's what they do, except the take three turns to set up and can't hit anything off the ground.

Okay.

Or you could nerf it in a way that isn't awful.

ColtCababa posted...
http://i.qkme.me/3oqimo.jpg

What tier is Moltres in?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#15AuroraSonicBeamPosted 4/22/2013 3:08:14 PM
I would change nothing.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 4/22/2013 3:09:15 PM
Lexifox posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Pendragon71037 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Okay.

Or you could nerf it in a way that isn't awful.

SR is awful this way, but Spikes isn't awful?
Spikes is exactly the same, but can't do SE damage and doesn't effect Flying types.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#17iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:15:43 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
I would change nothing.

You wouldn't even make one for Burn and Paralysis?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US