This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you think there will ever be...

#1lazymaster02Posted 4/22/2013 4:23:52 PM
a tool to or an upgrade to the pokedex to check your IVs or an EV chart that shows the pokemons EVs that you get from them/check your own?
#2Strain42Posted 4/22/2013 4:24:50 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. I mean they started informing us what natures do. So yeah, I could see it happening down the line.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#3reaverzPosted 4/22/2013 4:25:36 PM
I doubt it, if only because it would only confuse the kiddies that are the main target audience.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4lazymaster02(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:27:35 PM
i understand that it would confuse kids, but its not like kids pay attention to natures anyways.
#5reaverzPosted 4/22/2013 4:33:05 PM
Natures are a set thing on the Pokemon, with only 25 variants, and with only a subtle hint to tell players what they do. IVs, on the other hand, are a random part of all six of a Pokemon's stats and range from 0-31. EVs range from 0-255 for all stats, have a seemingly arbitrary cap of 510, and each Pokemon fought gives a different amount. Nature is many times less complicated than IVs and EVs.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6NessEggmanPosted 4/22/2013 4:37:53 PM
reaverz posted...
I doubt it, if only because it would only confuse the kiddies that are the main target audience.

They could do it in a subtle way so that you could easily ignore it if you didn't want it to intimidate you or whatever.

Like how you can easily check what your nature does if you forget by seeing the pink/blue text on your stat page.

I wouldn't mind some item that tells you about your Pokemon's "potential" (IVs) in the same way the IV checker guy does (but with giving you some hint so that you can easily tell exactly which IVs you have).
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#7Deadly_FirePosted 4/22/2013 4:41:39 PM
If EVs/IVs are confusing, an option hidden within Settings to turn on an "advanced display" would allow casual players to ignore that game element. Many other games do this with "advanced tooltips" and the like.
#8lazymaster02(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:46:07 PM
i like the idea of "advance display". ive actually never heard of a game doing this although im sure quite a few games have it. and i think it would really help, kids could just play through the game and not worry about EVS or IVs or even know they exist. and would really help the more competitive players like most of the people on this board, including myself.