This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this game has Pokemon Boss Battles

#1Strain42Posted 4/22/2013 8:52:02 PM
Y'know, just sort of fights you have to do against non-legendary Pokemon rather than trainers that you may or may not be able to catch

Like Snorlax, the Marowak Ghost, Sudowoodo, Hypno in FRLG, Crustle in BW2, stuff like that.

I always like those fights.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#2CrabhammarPosted 4/22/2013 10:12:27 PM
Agreed. Gyms get predictable.
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#3wolf riderPosted 4/22/2013 10:14:09 PM
You should be able to rob Pokemarts.
#4UmuruPosted 4/22/2013 10:21:43 PM(edited)
Mewtwo Frost needs to happen.

Hee-ho'ing at you while blasting Psychics and Blizzards~
#5ClassyOldHatPosted 4/22/2013 11:05:15 PM
I don't know. Part of the appeal of the Pokemon games is that you really can catch anything you fight, so there's no contractual boss immunity to poison, confusion, etc. It would feel like we're loosing something that helps the series stand out.

On the other hand, I wouldn't stop buying the games if they did implement boss battles. If there were very well implemented, I might even change my opinion on them.
#6supremeblasterPosted 4/23/2013 12:39:24 AM
wolf rider posted...

Irrelevant to topic, but YES!
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 4/23/2013 5:00:28 AM
Why not bosses that aren't Pokemon? Similar to the Pokestar Studios opponents.

They have types and stats like Pokemon do, but they have LOADS of HP. We're talking like, 2,000 HP on some of these things. What's the fun about a boss that you can OHKO? Or a "boss" that uses six Pokemon that you can easily get? I fight Cynthia on White 2 and I have Lucario, Garchomp, and Togekiss... And I'm training a Spiritomb. Why not have something different?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#8Immortal_Chaos7Posted 4/23/2013 5:49:37 AM
A boss trainer using gen. 7 pokemon.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#9mehmetskiPosted 4/23/2013 5:53:51 AM
those bosses should also be impossible to catch at that moment,
so later you can catch them...like: you beat the legendary boss and he runs away
and yuo can find him again postgame to catch him
#10ReachOutToTruthPosted 4/23/2013 6:40:04 AM
wolf rider posted...

And if you walk back into the same pokemart, the guy kills you. Your name changes to Thief for the rest of the game.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png