This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did they give us barebones kanto in FR/LG?

#11mmc2679Posted 4/23/2013 7:07:31 AM
Strain42 posted...
The only thing that really bothered me about FRLG was how hell bent they were on making sure we didn't get any Non-Gen 1 Pokemon until post game to the point where they game forcibly stops Pokemon like Golbat and Chansey from evolving and that we couldn't do any Pokemon breeding until after defeating the elite 4

The evolution was easily solved by the help of an Action Replay. Truly, I don't know how anyone plays a Pokemon game without having a dream team of Pokemons.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#12Luigifan141Posted 4/23/2013 7:25:33 AM
protobakurion posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
xthunder7283 posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
Because I am a genwunner.

Fixed.
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)
#13Capitan_KidPosted 4/23/2013 7:32:22 AM
Strain42 posted...
The only thing that really bothered me about FRLG was how hell bent they were on making sure we didn't get any Non-Gen 1 Pokemon until post game to the point where they game forcibly stops Pokemon like Golbat and Chansey from evolving and that we couldn't do any Pokemon breeding until after defeating the elite 4

They wanted to keep that gen 1 purity!
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#14VegantoKeensPosted 4/23/2013 7:41:30 AM
Would have been way cooler if Sevii had their own 8 badges to get and if you could travel to islands one and two as early as Vermillion and get both Johto and Hoenn pokemon there. Then you could travel to a new island every two badges. Rival Blue and Team Rocket could have also gotten their themes and Jessy and James should have been admins like in Yellow. Finally, they could have expanded on the Mewtwo backstory, since RBY were the only games without a Legendary plot.

It was a nice remake, but it left a lot of things out for no reason other then doing as little work as possible, especially any dark pokemon and any steel besides the Magnemite line.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#15NatatteruPosted 4/23/2013 8:01:10 AM
Adding Johto wouldn't have made Kanto any less barebones.
---
Official Swordmaster and Husband of Say'ri from the FE Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion
#16Nintendoboy77Posted 4/23/2013 8:11:21 AM
I know Black and White are better made games, but FR/LG are my favorite Pokemon games.

I sure hope they make another update within the next 5 years (seems unlikely, but one can only hope... Kanto Pokemon game for Wii U? :D)
#17Grand_BluePosted 4/23/2013 8:45:45 AM
Someone explain why the badge gate check in FRLG magically somehow doesn't include an entrance to Mt. Silver or Route 26, and why does the north exit lead to some nonsense route instead of the Victory Road? Geography doesn't change that quickly in 3 years.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#18RAcastBlasterPosted 4/23/2013 8:47:02 AM
Natatteru posted...
Adding Johto wouldn't have made Kanto any less barebones.

Easy to spot that one, look back at G/S/C. The Gen 2 games are barebones as they come. It makes for the least memorable game(s) by far. I'm sincerely glad they haven't gone back to previous regions in any subsequent games.
---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles