This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the rhetorical pokemon-pop culture association

#251gren-aidPosted 4/23/2013 11:47:04 PM
iKhanic posted...
I've got an awesome one, but it's also kind of hard.

Could a group that includes a Baltoy, Ramparos, Grumpig, Rapidash, and Growlithe defeat an maniacal Teddiursa and its friend Banette?

Toy Story 3?

Nobody's got mine yet :(
"The last Snorlax alive travels through space with a Yamask, a Meowth and a Golett"

It's a British TV show.
It's not Doctor Who, or Firefly.
#252person_pitchPosted 4/23/2013 11:55:26 PM
Jynx (born January 29, 1954) is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Jynx is best known for her self-titled, multi-award-winning talk show "The Jynx Show" which was the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011. She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and was for a time the world's only black billionaire. She is also, according to some assessments, the most influential woman in the world.

Jynx was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood. She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, saying she was raped at age nine and became pregnant at 14; her son died in infancy. Sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Jynx landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19. Her emotional ad-lib delivery eventually got her transferred to the daytime-talk-show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated.

Credited with creating a more intimate confessional form of media communication, she is thought to have popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue, which a Yale study says broke 20th-century taboos and allowed LGBT people to enter the mainstream. By the mid-1990s, she had reinvented her show with a focus on literature, self-improvement, and spirituality. Though criticized for unleashing confession culture, promoting controversial self-help ideas, and an emotion-centered approach she is often praised for overcoming adversity to become a benefactor to others. From 2006 to 2008, her support of Brock Obama, by one estimate, delivered over a million votes in the close 2008 Democratic primary race.
#253iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:58:35 PM
gren-aid posted...
iKhanic posted...
I've got an awesome one, but it's also kind of hard.

Could a group that includes a Baltoy, Ramparos, Grumpig, Rapidash, and Growlithe defeat an maniacal Teddiursa and its friend Banette?

Toy Story 3?

"The last Snorlax alive travels through space with a Yamask, a Meowth and a Golett"

It's a British TV show.

Yep. I wish I could guess yours but the only British TV show I watch is Sherlock, and thats clearly not it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#254gren-aidPosted 4/24/2013 12:24:41 AM
No, that's not it :P
I'm going to college now, if nobody's got it by the time I get back, I'll reveal the answer
#255HHDeceptionPosted 4/24/2013 12:33:48 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...

It's a British TV show.

Red Dwarf

This'll be easy but...

Alakazam, Weavile, Persian, Mr. Mime, Sloking, Plusle, Minun, Porygon, Electrode, Aipom, and Poochyena go raid a game corner.

Hint: Count.
---
Sound good?
#256Arne83Posted 4/24/2013 12:40:56 AM
HHDeception posted...
iKhanic posted...

It's a British TV show.

Red Dwarf

This'll be easy but...

Alakazam, Weavile, Persian, Mr. Mime, Sloking, Plusle, Minun, Porygon, Electrode, Aipom, and Poochyena go raid a game corner.

Hint: Count.

Ok.... 1, 2, 3, 4....

Ocean's Eleven.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#257ArcaneRainbowsPosted 4/24/2013 6:33:03 AM
A virtuous Golbat, together with an ensemble cast including an Alakazam, a Scrafty and a Lopunny fight Zubats and other nasty Pokemon in Pokestar Studios. Golbat also has to be careful about evolving into Crobat because then he'll become evil.
---
FINALLY (RE)CONSTRUCTED: Official Serperior and Looker of the Pokemon Black 2 Board.
#258KwonJigglypuffPosted 4/24/2013 7:03:12 AM
A Snorlax who has just won at the lotery crashes on a mysterious place where a Smogo make the rules. In the meanwhile, a Geodude gets rid of his wheelchair.
#259lyle81992Posted 4/24/2013 7:56:49 AM
NekoHime64 posted...
Yay, this topic's still going ^_^

lyle81992 posted...
Many years after Rapidash saved the world a young Ponyta followed in his footsteps.The Ponyta's allies are a Flareon,a Braviary,a Dratini and a ninja Mightyena.Later they were assisted by a badass Luxio whose sister was killed.They fought against an evil Escavilier,a Gothielle and their underlings.

Sounds like a Dragon Quest game...

Nope.Here's a hint:This series is a sequel to an anime/manga that was popular in Japan,Latin America and Europe but underrated in the United States.
---
Pokemon Black FC-2280 5124 7519
#260lyle81992Posted 4/24/2013 8:08:37 AM
person_pitch posted...
Jynx (born January 29, 1954) is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Jynx is best known for her self-titled, multi-award-winning talk show "The Jynx Show" which was the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011. She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and was for a time the world's only black billionaire. She is also, according to some assessments, the most influential woman in the world.

Jynx was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood. She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, saying she was raped at age nine and became pregnant at 14; her son died in infancy. Sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Jynx landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19. Her emotional ad-lib delivery eventually got her transferred to the daytime-talk-show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated.

Credited with creating a more intimate confessional form of media communication, she is thought to have popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue, which a Yale study says broke 20th-century taboos and allowed LGBT people to enter the mainstream. By the mid-1990s, she had reinvented her show with a focus on literature, self-improvement, and spirituality. Though criticized for unleashing confession culture, promoting controversial self-help ideas, and an emotion-centered approach she is often praised for overcoming adversity to become a benefactor to others. From 2006 to 2008, her support of Brock Obama, by one estimate, delivered over a million votes in the close 2008 Democratic primary race.
Oprah
---
Pokemon Black FC-2280 5124 7519