This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you choose your nicknames?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you choose your nicknames?
3 years ago#1
Assuming you do. Ignore if you don't, or post, I don't care--

Anyway, how do you choose the nicknames of your Pokemon? Are they based off a series you like? Your friends irl (I am assuming you have friends, ignore if you don't)? Foods you like? Plants? Renowned mythological figures? Past lovers? Brands of batteries? Random?

I name mine after characters from A Song of Ice and Fire, or Game of Thrones. I named my Reshiram from Black "Daenerys," and I had a Watchog named "Underfoot."
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
3 years ago#2
I name mine based off what they are.
Example I name my Vulpix Flare or Shinx Sparx.
Official Vulpix of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
Official Vulpix of WF
3 years ago#3
This thread was made just yesterday: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66021379

For me, foreign words and names that suit the individual Pokémon - I mix my teams often so I don't name them as part of sets.
3 years ago#4
I don't even consider nicknaming a pokemon. My friend, nicknames the pokemon by the last syllable with an 'X' at the end(e.x. venuSAUR X, gardeVOIR X), but that got really wierd when he got a spirtiTOMB X
Im here to cause an uproar. The following statements are true.
I don't like ANY pokemon from Gen V. Ash is extremely stupid.
3 years ago#5
I give them simple dog-like names based on what they are. Things like Spike or Slash.
Moo
3 years ago#6
On the rare occasion that I do, I basically use the first name that pops into my head while looking at it.

I also may use a different localization of the pokemon's name.
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
3 years ago#7
you catch it, and a screen will appear asking if you want to give it a nick. choose yes. Another screen will appear, showing capital letters. you can also choose if you want to add more lower case ones.
Pokemon red randomizer nuzlocke! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367023-pokemon-red-version/66003773
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
3 years ago#8
I don't think I've nicknamed any of my pokemon since gen 3. I kind of like to leave them all blank slates so that they are optimal for trading, even if I never intend to trade it.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, names everything. She spends about 5 minutes coming up with a name whenever she catches something. They seem kind of random to me though, from what I've seen. Some are named after people, stores, characters...
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
3 years ago#9
I don't, unless I can think of a funny or clever one.
"A man came to the door asking for a small donation for the local pool, so I gave him a glass of water"
3 years ago#10
Thepenguinking2 posted...
you catch it, and a screen will appear asking if you want to give it a nick. choose yes. Another screen will appear, showing capital letters. you can also choose if you want to add more lower case ones.

ur doin it wronq

red moar
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you choose your nicknames?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived