This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you choose your nicknames?

#1Emerald_FlashPosted 4/23/2013 8:40:34 AM
Assuming you do. Ignore if you don't, or post, I don't care--

Anyway, how do you choose the nicknames of your Pokemon? Are they based off a series you like? Your friends irl (I am assuming you have friends, ignore if you don't)? Foods you like? Plants? Renowned mythological figures? Past lovers? Brands of batteries? Random?

I name mine after characters from A Song of Ice and Fire, or Game of Thrones. I named my Reshiram from Black "Daenerys," and I had a Watchog named "Underfoot."
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
#2fox444fPosted 4/23/2013 8:44:24 AM
I name mine based off what they are.
Example I name my Vulpix Flare or Shinx Sparx.
---
Official Vulpix of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
Official Vulpix of WF
#3KitschgardenerPosted 4/23/2013 8:44:28 AM
This thread was made just yesterday: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66021379

For me, foreign words and names that suit the individual Pokémon - I mix my teams often so I don't name them as part of sets.
#4EmeraldRangePosted 4/23/2013 9:16:07 AM
I don't even consider nicknaming a pokemon. My friend, nicknames the pokemon by the last syllable with an 'X' at the end(e.x. venuSAUR X, gardeVOIR X), but that got really wierd when he got a spirtiTOMB X
---
Im here to cause an uproar. The following statements are true.
I don't like ANY pokemon from Gen V. Ash is extremely stupid.
#5SlimeStackPosted 4/23/2013 9:17:11 AM
I give them simple dog-like names based on what they are. Things like Spike or Slash.
---
Moo
#6KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/23/2013 9:19:44 AM
On the rare occasion that I do, I basically use the first name that pops into my head while looking at it.

I also may use a different localization of the pokemon's name.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#7Thepenguinking2Posted 4/23/2013 9:22:25 AM
you catch it, and a screen will appear asking if you want to give it a nick. choose yes. Another screen will appear, showing capital letters. you can also choose if you want to add more lower case ones.
---
Pokemon red randomizer nuzlocke! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367023-pokemon-red-version/66003773
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#8Relient_KPosted 4/23/2013 9:23:18 AM
I don't think I've nicknamed any of my pokemon since gen 3. I kind of like to leave them all blank slates so that they are optimal for trading, even if I never intend to trade it.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, names everything. She spends about 5 minutes coming up with a name whenever she catches something. They seem kind of random to me though, from what I've seen. Some are named after people, stores, characters...
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#9lanelazerbeamPosted 4/23/2013 9:23:52 AM
I don't, unless I can think of a funny or clever one.
---
"A man came to the door asking for a small donation for the local pool, so I gave him a glass of water"
#10Emerald_Flash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:24:22 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
you catch it, and a screen will appear asking if you want to give it a nick. choose yes. Another screen will appear, showing capital letters. you can also choose if you want to add more lower case ones.

ur doin it wronq

red moar
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.