This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are some people against a new type?

#1DaisyfanboyPosted 4/23/2013 9:42:54 AM
I honestly feel like GF would make a new type for balance rather than just doing "oh, _____ is weak to _____ and ____ is resistant to _____ now, etc."

Or is that not the problem?
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 4/23/2013 9:44:13 AM
People hate change.
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#3Daisyfanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:45:01 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
People hate change.

Oh, so it's kind of like the people are against the Mario team experimenting on one platformer and adding story just to test the waters?
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#4WindyligthPosted 4/23/2013 9:45:06 AM
Ready Body
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#5SalsaSavantPosted 4/23/2013 9:46:45 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
People hate change.

---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#6Strain42Posted 4/23/2013 9:48:30 AM
Why is it that anybody who doesn't want a new type their reason automatically has to be "They hate change" there are reasons besides that.

You could just as easily say the people that want a new type just want innovation for the sake of innovating, which is just as annoying as people who hate change.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#7XazealPosted 4/23/2013 9:48:46 AM
There are the ones who just hate the Fairy/Light/Love suggestions, there are the ones who think a new type will just make things even more unbalanced, and then there are the ones that just hate change.

I can understand the first group, I think the second group should hold the whining until it actually happens, and the third group should burn.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#8iKhanicPosted 4/23/2013 9:49:26 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
People hate change.

---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9SlimeStackPosted 4/23/2013 9:49:44 AM
I don't know how people could think that a new type would suddenly fix everything by itself.
---
Moo
#10Lone_HunterPosted 4/23/2013 9:50:53 AM
For me I see adding another type as being useless more so than hating the idea. Dark and steel were added to help balance the broken meta game of gen one. Ghosts and Psychic were almost untouchable thanks to Zam and Gengar being so fast. A new type at this point would require a lot of rework seeing as how there are already 649 Pokemon. Why would their type change all of a sudden? I think it could happen but hoping it does not. For the sake of the competitive battle scene (that I am a part of).
---
~Elite Divided Guild Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
FC: (W)1249-2194-5577 (W2)2924-7521-0718