This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jurassic period pokemon game

#1Callista08Posted 4/23/2013 8:59:23 AM
How would people feel if they made a game either set in the past of the pokemon universe with a majority being jurassic based like dinosaurs. Or if keeping with the timeline, having a team based on a somewhat jurassic based goal of resurrecting a bunch of extint pokemon.

This would allow a generation that has more fossil/ancient looking pokemon. I always feel as though It would be cool to have more than just 6 or 7, and they are all rock type. It'd be nice, if they use this as a way of giving us some ancient looking dino looking pokemon without the need of a fossil or without it being part rock.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#2Strain42Posted 4/23/2013 9:04:38 AM
I've always been fascinated by fossil Pokemon, and I can only imagine all the extinct Pokemon that we've never seen.

I could honestly see them making a game that takes place in like pre-historic Kanto (or whatever region to those of you that hate Kanto) that could have a whole new Pokedex just of Pokemon that are now extinct.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#3SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 4/23/2013 9:06:35 AM
I could dig a team reviving fossilized pokes.
#4Davidk92Posted 4/23/2013 9:07:03 AM
No.

I prefer the mystery that the fossil Pokemon have, simply by being fossil Pokemon. They have a massive amount of untapped potential, and I feel just making a game that reveals everything about them ruins that.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#5Strain42Posted 4/23/2013 9:08:33 AM
I am curious as to HOW they went extinct.

Omastar is the only one they've ever explained IIRC if his Pokedex entry is to be believed about how his shell just made him too slow to catch food.

But something like Aerodactyl...how does a beast like THAT get taken off the food chain?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6Davidk92Posted 4/23/2013 9:09:16 AM
Strain42 posted...

Omastar is the only one they've ever explained IIRC if his Pokedex entry is to be believed about how his shell just made him too slow to catch food.

But something like Aerodactyl...how does a beast like THAT get taken off the food chain?

Same way the did in our world. Meteorite.

*gasp* What if it was the same meteorite that brought Deoxys, or Kyurem?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#7SuperRup91Posted 4/23/2013 9:09:45 AM
Only if you play as a cliche caveman and get to hit things with a giant club.

Rather than catching pokemon, you club them and tie a leash around them

Rather than getting money by defeating a trainer, you get to club them
#8wind64aPosted 4/23/2013 9:09:47 AM
One issue with that is whether or not humans were around during the dinopoke era. In our world the Jurrasic, and Cretacious periods were millions of years before the first humans walked the earth.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#9superM3Posted 4/23/2013 9:11:08 AM
Davidk92 posted...
Strain42 posted...

Same way the did in our world. Meteorite.

*gasp* What if it was the same meteorite that brought Deoxys, or Kyurem?

i like this post.
---
This post brought to you by the GameFAQs moderator team.
#10Strain42Posted 4/23/2013 9:12:09 AM
Yes, because the Pokemon games are known for being a stickler for historical accuracy >_>

I don't think there's ever been anything to suggest that humans and fossil Pokemon never existed at the same time.
---