This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want a new type?

#1LightningAce11Posted 4/23/2013 2:41:43 PM
All the new types sound stupid, the types are more or less balanced so we don't need a new type, and a bunch of pokemon would be retconned.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#2Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/23/2013 2:43:59 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
and a bunch of pokemon would be retconned.

I see nothing wrong with Clefairy, Togekiss, etc. changing to Fairy type (or as secondary type)
#3EnferolunosPosted 4/23/2013 2:44:28 PM
Because I want one
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4WallydraiglePosted 4/23/2013 3:45:56 PM
Why do people want new pokemon? Why do people want a new pokemon game? Because it's something different. If it wasn't different it would be the same, which is what we have now.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#5IceDragon77Posted 4/23/2013 3:49:44 PM
Because some people are just stupid. People are all like "OMG, fairy types make so much sense!"

No they don't.

There are only like a dozen pokemon that look fairy-like out of 649. Also, how the hell would it fit into the type chart? What would be supper effective vs. "fairy" and what would "fairy" be super effective against? I have yet to see a single person rationally answer those two questions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#6LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 3:50:48 PM
Because people either simply want something new and/or have the misguided notion that the additional typing will "fix" the type chart.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7WallydraiglePosted 4/23/2013 3:57:13 PM
IceDragon77 posted...
Because some people are just stupid. People are all like "OMG, fairy types make so much sense!"

No they don't.

There are only like a dozen pokemon that look fairy-like out of 649. Also, how the hell would it fit into the type chart? What would be supper effective vs. "fairy" and what would "fairy" be super effective against? I have yet to see a single person rationally answer those two questions.

There aren't many fairy-esque pokemon because there hasn't been a fairy type. If they make a fairy type there will be more. All of your other points could go for other types like Bug or Steel as well. The type chart doesn't make sense, fairy type would have it's strengths and weaknesses just like all the others. I don't see the hangup.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#8DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/23/2013 4:05:06 PM
To change things up. I think the game would be made more interesting for a while with a new type. Why does Pokémon get a pass using the exact same type chart for over a decade? Why not add to the type chart? It ain't broke, but it ain't perfect.

Oh, and LOL @ the idea of the types being balanced all right. Remind me why Kyurem isn't Uber? Oh, right, it's an Ice-type.

Why do people want new pokemon? Why do people want a new pokemon game? Because it's something different. If it wasn't different it would be the same, which is what we have now.

This.

No they don't.

If there's a new type, I don't think it would be called "fairy." Probably more like one of these:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66028281

With a different name, it opens up some more possibilities. "Fairy" just seems too specific.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/23/2013 4:06:54 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
and a bunch of pokemon would be retconned.

This would be good. Plus, it's not as though types are difficult to remember. And even if you forget one, you can always check online
---
Not changing this sig until Celtics beat the Knicks (Probably won't be long though)
#10Arne83Posted 4/23/2013 4:13:50 PM
Probably because they don't realize just how difficult balance actually is.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.