This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want a new type?

#31GiftedACIIIPosted 4/23/2013 8:17:38 PM
cuz fans be stupid
#32CakeOfLiesPosted 4/23/2013 8:18:22 PM
Because they don't play online and they don't know how fragile the type chart is.
They think a new type can only fix the type chart (while some think a new type will just break it).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#33SP_WesPosted 4/23/2013 8:55:45 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Also, I think the main problem with Ice-types is that the usage of Ice-type is HEAVILY skewed towards offense, which is a trait of the moves, not the Pokémon, and so when just about everything can learn Ice Beam, being Ice-type doesn't have that many benefits.

Ding ding ding!

This is the same reason why Poison generally isn't worth having on the team when Toxic is so abundant with other Pokemon. Ground has a lot going for it, which is why its still viable despite everyone and their cousin learning EQ.

This is why I'm more interested in the movesets being re-balanced than the actual type-chart.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#34LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 9:01:27 PM
SP_Wes posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Also, I think the main problem with Ice-types is that the usage of Ice-type is HEAVILY skewed towards offense, which is a trait of the moves, not the Pokémon, and so when just about everything can learn Ice Beam, being Ice-type doesn't have that many benefits.

Ding ding ding!

This is the same reason why Poison generally isn't worth having on the team when Toxic is so abundant with other Pokemon. Ground has a lot going for it, which is why its still viable despite everyone and their cousin learning EQ.

This is why I'm more interested in the movesets being re-balanced than the actual type-chart.

Actually, in competitive play a dual-typed Poison Pokemon is appreciated for being able to switch into Fighting attacks and eating Poison Spikes.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#35GiftedACIIIPosted 4/23/2013 9:03:12 PM
Lexifox posted...
SP_Wes posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Ding ding ding!

Actually, in competitive play a dual-typed Poison Pokemon is appreciated for being able to switch into Fighting attacks and eating Poison Spikes.

This
#36Chaos_MissilePosted 4/23/2013 9:05:48 PM
Lexifox posted...
SP_Wes posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Ding ding ding!

I dont play competitive, but I think bolded is a keyword.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#37LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 9:08:09 PM
The bolded part is relevant, but it's still noteworthy that they're appreciated for defense and not Toxic. That said, single-typed Pokemon are rarely as appreciated as dual-types.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#38SP_WesPosted 4/23/2013 9:08:19 PM
Poison isn't entirely useless, true. But as a counter to fighting, I find Bug/Flying/Psychic far more prevalent/useful.

The Toxic Spike thing is true. That's the kind of trait that can boost a Pokemon without touching upon the type chart.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#39MagikarpRulesPosted 4/23/2013 9:28:26 PM
SP_Wes posted...
Poison isn't entirely useless, true. But as a counter to fighting, I find Bug/Flying/Psychic far more prevalent/useful.

The Toxic Spike thing is true. That's the kind of trait that can boost a Pokemon without touching upon the type chart.

Well, better hope Bug and Flying can KO the Fighting type fast, because almost all of them carry a Rock type attack.

Anyway, Poison types are very good defensively.
#40Renjiro7Posted 4/23/2013 9:35:13 PM
IceDragon77 posted...
There are only like a dozen pokemon that look fairy-like out of 649. Also, how the hell would it fit into the type chart? What would be supper effective vs. "fairy" and what would "fairy" be super effective against? I have yet to see a single person rationally answer those two questions.

There were only 3 Ghosts and 3 Dragons out of the original 151 yet they had their own types.
I'm not an expert on mythologies, but fairies seem to be in tune with nature so they could be weak against Poison (pollution) and they have magical powers so they can get through Steel and be super effective against it.
There, I think that makes sense and at the same time creates some balance as it buffs up Poison (only good against one type) and tones down Steel's defense (resists a ton of types). lol
Idk how it would interact with other types but that's a start.