This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want a new type?

#61PincheCriaPosted 4/30/2013 2:35:14 AM
As much as I hate the name I'd be glad for a Fairy type and buffing up Pokemon like Clefairy. I assume they'd be be super effective against Dark like how Cresselia uses it's moon powers against Darkrai, but weak to fighting since....well fairies aren't exactly known for being physical.
#62Grammar_manPosted 5/2/2013 7:46:26 AM
Renjiro7 posted...

I'm not an expert on mythologies, but fairies seem to be in tune with nature so they could be weak against Poison (pollution) and they have magical powers so they can get through Steel and be super effective against it.
There, I think that makes sense and at the same time creates some balance as it buffs up Poison (only good against one type) and tones down Steel's defense (resists a ton of types). lol

The most effective deterrant, and anti-fairy thing in existence is Steel. By all reason, Fairy would be notdo anything against Steel, and take supereffective damage from it.

IceDragon77 posted...
Because some people are just stupid. People are all like "OMG, fairy types make so much sense!"

No they don't.

There are only like a dozen pokemon that look fairy-like out of 649. Also, how the hell would it fit into the type chart? What would be supper effective vs. "fairy" and what would "fairy" be super effective against? I have yet to see a single person rationally answer those two questions.

Except the part where there are far more than that.
#63lyle81992Posted 5/2/2013 8:45:00 AM
If there was a Fairy Type I would assume it would be super effective on Dark and possibly Ghost but weak to Poison,Ice and Bug(Poison should be super effective on Bug and Water).
---
Pokemon Black FC-2280 5124 7519
#64GiftedACIIIPosted 5/2/2013 9:23:55 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
ljobenza posted...
Because majority of Pokemon fans couldn't care less about the tournament scene and just want something new.

You act as if the people who don't play competitive don't find these subjects annoying and pointless. And the majority of Pokemon fans are childish noobs anyways.

They're also the reason why this is one of the most successful Nintendo franchises.

Because of the children yes but children don't care about the mechanics, they'll joyfully swallow anything gamefreak gives or doesn't give them.
#65Deadly_FirePosted 5/2/2013 9:41:06 AM(edited)
ljobenza posted...
Because majority of Pokemon fans couldn't care less about the tournament scene and just want something new.

You know what else unbalances the metagame? New Pokemon. Every generation the new options cause some chaos until everything restabilizes again, new strategies are developed, new teams are created, and many Pokemon find a new home in a different tier. But that's what keeps the game fresh: new things. And what's even better is that people don't complain endlessly about new Pokemon being added.
#66Grammar_manPosted 5/3/2013 7:14:03 AM
Saying "There is only a dozen fairy-like pokémon" is funny. Tell me, do you consider Absol one of those?