This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

#21ColtCababaPosted 4/23/2013 5:50:24 PM
Well, it's THAT time again.

Ahem.

F*** Blaziken's God overratedness. It is the cheapest motherf***er in the history of Pokemon. Might even be cheaper than Scizor if it makes it up to s***-covered Ubers. IMO, Blaziken can go f*** itself. F*** that no good motherf***ing piece of ****bag.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#22Meta289Posted 4/23/2013 5:51:31 PM
ColtCababa posted...

Ahem.

F*** Blaziken's God overratedness. It is the cheapest motherf***er in the history of Pokemon. Might even be cheaper than Scizor if it makes it up to s***-covered Ubers. IMO, Blaziken can go f*** itself. F*** that no good motherf***ing piece of ****bag.

And it looks like a pile of fecal matter. Don't forget that.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#23EnferolunosPosted 4/23/2013 5:53:30 PM
Meta289 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Meta289 posted...
What's so ugly about it?

TC probably thinks Blaziken has a good design.

Are you implying that Blaziken doesn't have a good design?

I'm not implying. I'm stating.

No, that was in implication, not a statement
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#24IrisVilePosted 4/23/2013 5:53:38 PM
I must disagree, lack of Calm Mind, Earth Power, Regenerator Harvest or Natural Cure. Probably are the only real things holding it back. Meganium is a fabulous support pokemon. Not everything has to be a sweeper, but seriously access to Leech Seed and dual screens make it fun. Also it can use Ancient Power so that's nice.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#25Hierarchy225Posted 4/23/2013 5:55:05 PM
Meta289 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Meta289 posted...
What's so ugly about it?

Well I happened to believe that Blazikens design is the bee's knees so to speak. So I shall agree to disgaree.
#26Ari917Posted 4/23/2013 5:56:12 PM
Going by the context of the game it was introduced? Yes. It's typing is a major flaw for it in GSCHGSS as it's weak to the majority of the Johto gyms, has an advantage over only one of them (and it's only by secondary typing, ice still KOs it), most of the Elite Four have ways of KOing it with one and the champion having a full advantage over it, the rival has an entire team that can beat it down, TR laughs at it and it gains nothing movepool-wise in the game. None of the other starters have that bad a ingame performance and because of that, it is the worst in that context.

Competitively, I think it's still the worst since the others have niches to fill as well or have something from DW to look forward to, Meganium doesn't really have that. It's still stuck in the shadow.

Any other context? Opinion.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#27Arne83Posted 4/23/2013 5:57:27 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Meta289 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Meta289 posted...
What's so ugly about it?

Well I happened to believe that Blazikens design is the bee's knees so to speak. So I shall agree to disgaree.

I agree with you and everything... but did you really just say "the bee's knees"?
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#28Nograd789Posted 4/23/2013 5:57:46 PM
Personally I'd give Emboar that honor. But it's all purely opinion. There is no single worst Pokemon of any category, so no. Meganium is not "undisputedly" the worst starter pokemon, maybe it is to you, but not to everyone.
---
In the seventh turning hour, should the victims shadows fall, will the irony grow hungry with the victory and all they sought for. We were one among the fence.
#29iKhanicPosted 4/23/2013 5:57:58 PM
ColtCababa posted...

Ahem.

Pretty much. Speed Boost+Swords Dance with acceptable stats= guaranteed broken. That combo doesn't have to be on Blaziken to be broken.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#30Arcanine2009Posted 4/23/2013 9:10:06 PM
I had a blast using it in-game in HG.

Earthquake
Body Slam/Return
Seed Bomb
Swords Dance

Using pokemon that were too powerful or common by other people, bored me. It's the challenge of using an outclassed and least used starter that really made me enjoy my experience.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.