This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

#31LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 9:13:21 PM
I think that as far as ingame play goes, Meganium is likely the worst.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#32wind64aPosted 4/23/2013 9:19:11 PM
I like Meganium :(. Then again mine did just fine, when I played through Heart Gold. ...it might also have helped that the thing appears to have an unhealthy obsession with my character.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#33reaverzPosted 4/23/2013 9:20:39 PM
Lexifox posted...

I found Serperior to be worse, actually, since Meganium can actually learn some form of coverage moves. Earthquake makes a big difference as far as ingame goes...

Sadly, when it comes to competitive battling, Meganium is indeed probably the worst starter...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#34LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 9:22:45 PM
reaverz posted...
Lexifox posted...

I found Serperior to be worse, actually, since Meganium can actually learn some form of coverage moves. Earthquake makes a big difference as far as ingame goes...

Sadly, when it comes to competitive battling, Meganium is indeed probably the worst starter...

I thought that Serp was better, and I used both Grass starters.

It lacks EQ, but Coil comes fairly early, and it with Leaf Blade/Return will do a surprising amount of work. BW2 gives it an early Aqua Tail, and Dragon Pulse for Giga Drain users. Screens come early as well.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#35AinodehnaPosted 4/23/2013 9:25:22 PM
...just make a poll
---
GSW
---
#36BountyanPosted 4/23/2013 9:25:31 PM
Either Meganium or Serperior are the worst in-game. Overall Meganium is the worst because at least Serperior has its DW ability.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#37Thunder_ArmorPosted 4/23/2013 10:03:55 PM(edited)
http://i.imgur.com/tEtd4ZA.gif
---
There's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
http://i.imgur.com/z6XIywF.jpg
#38The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/23/2013 9:26:41 PM
Can we at least agree that Chikorita is adorable?

Right? :(
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#39Thepenguinking2Posted 4/23/2013 9:27:10 PM
TC, you do realize embacon is a starter, right?
---
Pokemon red randomizer nuzlocke! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367023-pokemon-red-version/66003773
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#40Ari917Posted 4/23/2013 9:27:22 PM
Lexifox posted...
reaverz posted...
Lexifox posted...

I thought that Serp was better, and I used both Grass starters.

It lacks EQ, but Coil comes fairly early, and it with Leaf Blade/Return will do a surprising amount of work. BW2 gives it an early Aqua Tail, and Dragon Pulse for Giga Drain users. Screens come early as well.

I'm in agreement here, I used Serperior in White and he got by fine with Coil/Leech seed/Leaf Blade, which allowed him to tank a good number of the opponents and strike back hard. Not the most efficient strategy but at least he had something to fall back on.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board