This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?
3 years ago#31
I think that as far as ingame play goes, Meganium is likely the worst.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
3 years ago#32
I like Meganium :(. Then again mine did just fine, when I played through Heart Gold. ...it might also have helped that the thing appears to have an unhealthy obsession with my character.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
3 years ago#33
Lexifox posted...

I found Serperior to be worse, actually, since Meganium can actually learn some form of coverage moves. Earthquake makes a big difference as far as ingame goes...

Sadly, when it comes to competitive battling, Meganium is indeed probably the worst starter...
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
3 years ago#34
reaverz posted...
Lexifox posted...

I found Serperior to be worse, actually, since Meganium can actually learn some form of coverage moves. Earthquake makes a big difference as far as ingame goes...

Sadly, when it comes to competitive battling, Meganium is indeed probably the worst starter...

I thought that Serp was better, and I used both Grass starters.

It lacks EQ, but Coil comes fairly early, and it with Leaf Blade/Return will do a surprising amount of work. BW2 gives it an early Aqua Tail, and Dragon Pulse for Giga Drain users. Screens come early as well.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
3 years ago#35
...just make a poll
GSW
---
3 years ago#36
Either Meganium or Serperior are the worst in-game. Overall Meganium is the worst because at least Serperior has its DW ability.
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
3 years ago#37
http://i.imgur.com/tEtd4ZA.gif
There's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
http://i.imgur.com/z6XIywF.jpg
3 years ago#38
Can we at least agree that Chikorita is adorable?

Right? :(
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
3 years ago#39
TC, you do realize embacon is a starter, right?
Pokemon red randomizer nuzlocke! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367023-pokemon-red-version/66003773
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
3 years ago#40
Lexifox posted...
reaverz posted...
Lexifox posted...

I thought that Serp was better, and I used both Grass starters.

It lacks EQ, but Coil comes fairly early, and it with Leaf Blade/Return will do a surprising amount of work. BW2 gives it an early Aqua Tail, and Dragon Pulse for Giga Drain users. Screens come early as well.

I'm in agreement here, I used Serperior in White and he got by fine with Coil/Leech seed/Leaf Blade, which allowed him to tank a good number of the opponents and strike back hard. Not the most efficient strategy but at least he had something to fall back on.
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived