This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

#41Thunder_ArmorPosted 4/23/2013 10:27:53 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Can we at least agree that Chikorita is adorable?

Right? :(

Yes

But Cyndaquil is cuter imo
---
There's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
http://i.imgur.com/z6XIywF.jpg
#42reaverzPosted 4/23/2013 10:32:12 PM
Lexifox posted...
I thought that Serp was better, and I used both Grass starters.

It lacks EQ, but Coil comes fairly early, and it with Leaf Blade/Return will do a surprising amount of work. BW2 gives it an early Aqua Tail, and Dragon Pulse for Giga Drain users. Screens come early as well.

I used both as well, and I found Meganium's ability to learn Earthquake to be quite the lifesaver when fighting those Fire- and Steel-types. Iron Tail helped against certain matchups in a pinch, too. Although I did use a special Serperior with Calm Mind in BW and got Samurott in BW2 so I admit I never experienced its physical prowess with Coil or Aqua Tail.

You've swayed me enough to say that they're both probably the worst starters so far, at least as far as ingame goes...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#43LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 10:35:10 PM
See, the issue with the EQ is that it's not an easy TM to come across, and there's the issue that by giving it to Meg, you're not giving it to another Pokemon better suited for using it. I suppose that the whole type coverage is a good argument, but I'd rather just switch out and send in another Pokemon that's better suited.

I'm willing to chalk that up to a playstyle difference, but I feel that Serp is better off since its moves are more renewable in this context, while Meg draws resources away from the team.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#44PK_GamingPosted 4/23/2013 10:37:09 PM
Competitively? Yes, absolutely.

Aesthetically? Meh.
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#45reaverzPosted 4/23/2013 10:38:44 PM
Lexifox posted...
See, the issue with the EQ is that it's not an easy TM to come across, and there's the issue that by giving it to Meg, you're not giving it to another Pokemon better suited for using it. I suppose that the whole type coverage is a good argument, but I'd rather just switch out and send in another Pokemon that's better suited.

I'm willing to chalk that up to a playstyle difference, but I feel that Serp is better off since its moves are more renewable in this context, while Meg draws resources away from the team.

Well, you got me there. Yeah, I didn't mind using Earthquake on Meganium since I had level 100 battles with a friend who used Typhlosion. I do remember thinking that Serperior getting Leech Seed through level up was a point against Meganium, who needs to breed for it. Serperior is definitely more self-sufficient.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#46VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/23/2013 10:46:12 PM
Meganium isn't a starter! Trololol!
But, I think it is, I like the design. For some reason I like male Meganium, even though the whole...flower thing.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#47GuitaristMattPosted 4/23/2013 10:46:32 PM
Meganium would be cool to start with, but Chikorita on the other hand... ugh... disgusting.

(sorry for being a **** haha)
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#48LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 10:46:34 PM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
But, I think it is, I like the design. For some reason I like male Meganium, even though the whole...flower thing.

It is a proud and courageous lion.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#49scrappybristolPosted 4/23/2013 10:53:22 PM
Lexifox posted...
VirtualAnomoly posted...

It is a proud and courageous lion.

If he only had the nerve.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#50Twilight_SonataPosted 4/23/2013 11:02:49 PM(edited)
grape_purple posted...
ColtCababa posted...
This topic is pure, unadulterated, 100 percent bulls***.

This.

Meganium is the manliest, most badass starter in all of Pokemon history. Just look at the smug, condescending smile it always wears. Know why it's smiling? Because it knows it's better than you. "What's with that girly flower?" Let me show you why Meganium is wearing a flower: http://goo.gl/WQda2
See that guy? That's what Meganium looks like in human form. He's wearing pink because he knows he can get away with it because he's jacked and manly as ****. That's Meganium right there, and he's just begging you to say something to him about it so he has an excuse to wreck you. Other starters need to try to look badass with their snarling and their cool poses. Meganium has to try not to look badass and overwhelm you with its legendary masculinity.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe