This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Meganium undisputedly the worst starter ever?

#51Shadow Flare13Posted 4/23/2013 10:09:50 PM
Why do people even bother mentioning Emboar as the worst? He absolutely stomps faces in-game. Great movepool and variety and yeah, he sucks competitively, but so do a couple of the other starters and at least Emboar can say he is good in-game. Are there better Fire options? Yeah, but Volcarona and Darmanitan aren't the easiest to raise in-game either.
#52PK_GamingPosted 4/23/2013 10:18:28 PM
Shadow Flare13 posted...
Why do people even bother mentioning Emboar as the worst? He absolutely stomps faces in-game. Great movepool and variety and yeah, he sucks competitively, but so do a couple of the other starters and at least Emboar can say he is good in-game. Are there better Fire options? Yeah, but Volcarona and Darmanitan aren't the easiest to raise in-game either.

Emboar is actually pretty damn good in at least 2 tiers (NU when it was legal there and RU). He's one of the better starters imo.
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#53LexifoxPosted 4/23/2013 10:25:07 PM
I think that the reason people look down on Emboar is because the Gen 5 games have had Growlithe and Darumaka in them. It's not a bad ingame Pokemon, but hampered by comparison.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#54Faust_8Posted 4/23/2013 11:16:50 PM
I did fine in-game with Serperior with Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and Leftovers. Remember that Serperior is actually fast unlike Meganium so you don't have to try to predict if you can survive the next hit or not.

Meganium is bulkier and hits a bit harder but dat 113 base Speed...

High Speed with lots of HP recovery made him very hard for the AI to take down.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#55HeyWheresKelPosted 4/23/2013 11:17:17 PM
The worst starter is obviously Froakie.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#56IrisVilePosted 4/23/2013 11:20:12 PM
Faust_8 posted...
I did fine in-game with Serperior with Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and Leftovers. Remember that Serperior is actually fast unlike Meganium so you don't have to try to predict if you can survive the next hit or not.

Meganium is bulkier and hits a bit harder but dat 113 base Speed...

High Speed with lots of HP recovery made him very hard for the AI to take down.

This mine was physical so I ran coil leech seed, leaf blade and I want to say aerial ace. But I also had Wish support.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#57DrinkFloridaOJPosted 4/23/2013 11:50:15 PM
Am I the only one that has the sense to post that Meganium isn't a starter? :p
#58LightningAce11Posted 4/23/2013 11:50:31 PM
Meganium does suck. People here are jealous that blaziken is good and is overrated because it is strong, gets really fast and their charizard can't do that.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#59IrisVilePosted 4/23/2013 11:59:39 PM
DrinkFloridaOJ posted...
Am I the only one that has the sense to post that Meganium isn't a starter? :p

What do you mean? As in to the pretext of this coming game at some form of 'cleverness', or are you just being silly. Because Meganium is the final form of Chikorita which is a starter, so if that's the case it's a tad petty dear.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#60paiprPosted 4/24/2013 1:16:37 AM
First off I like blazekins design alot. Far more than the other two fire/fighting starters.

secondly chicorita I like its design, bay leaf I like its design. Meganium no thank you. Little leaf guy to medium leaf guy to no leafs but flower neck, bleh. I stand by the opinion tropious would be a better eco for that line (ideally with some stat changes) if not an alternate evo (again ideally with stat changes) if that happened this line could quickly become a top favorite with me. But with meganium at the end of it, this grass type Pokemon fan has trouble using it regardless of stats and move pool.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm