This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Main Character Evolution From Different Generations (Poll and Thoughts)

#1bubbub01Posted 4/23/2013 8:00:14 PM
Do you think the main characters of the pokemon games are becoming less appealing? - Results (55 votes)
Yes both the playable character and rivals have become less appealing and annoying.
18.18% (10 votes)
Only rivals have become less appealing and annoying.
23.64% (13 votes)
Only playable characters have become less appealing.
10.91% (6 votes)
No, I actually find the main characters to be improving.
32.73% (18 votes)
I couldn't care less.
14.55% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would personally go with the first option. The main characters are looking like people in the South Korean music videos. I think they need to have a more bland look for the main characters. The rivals also need to stop having major flaws, such as freaking out over everything and being total wackos. They need to be someone that people find both like able and somewhat intimidating.
---
Xbox Live Gamer tag: iTryxBancroft
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/23/2013 8:04:32 PM
Main characters have been getting better (with the exception of Lucas).
Rivals are starting to suck though. Hugh was going in the right direction, but I think his role could've been played better by a different character. Hugh should've been a jerk and a tool like Blue and Silver.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3NekoHime64Posted 4/23/2013 8:09:34 PM(edited)
It depends on your personal preference. I liked BW's MC's WAY better than I liked BW2's MC's. N was the best rival if you count him, but Cheren and Bianca sucked.
I liked the way BW2's rival looked (did you see him on the xtrans? He was evil looking!) but his personality was annoying.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#4ColtCababaPosted 4/23/2013 8:11:43 PM(edited)
CakeOfLies posted...
Rivals are starting to suck though. Hugh was going in the right direction, but I think his role could've been played better by a different character. Hugh should've been a jerk and a tool like Blue and Silver.

No, I liked Hugh as a fierce and intense rival, but one whom can be friendly at times. Much better than that arse****, Blue. At least, back then. Blue's a lot cooler now.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 4/23/2013 8:12:46 PM
ColtCababa posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

No, I liked Hugh as a fierce and intense rival, but one whom can be friendly at times. Much better than the f***in' piece of s*** ********, Blue. At least, back then. Blue's a lot cooler now.

Well, Blue took the "jerkface rival" too far.
Hugh could've had a little more "anti-hero." Still fierce, but a bit of a jerk.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#6bubbub01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 8:13:31 PM
I would agree with that. I wasn't to happy with BLK1s rival but if you view him as N that actually makes it seem more favorable in choice of characters. Honestly now that im looking back and really thinking about it, the rivals haven't had much of a personality. Mainly just mindless simple goals. They seem to be developing.
---
#7P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/23/2013 8:24:03 PM
Honestly, I feel that there have been great advancements, but also great set-backs. We saw great characters like N, Ghetsis, and Hugh this generation, but we unfortunately had to suffer through clique'd characters such as Bianca and Cheren. However, if we're talking about net evolution, I think the characters are improving.
---
Not changing this sig until Celtics beat the Knicks (Probably won't be long though)
#8BassGSXPosted 4/23/2013 9:53:09 PM
What kind of personalities did the main protagonists even had, that made them appealing? All they were intended to be was shallow shells you used to immerse yourself into. Kind of like your own uncustomized avatar.
#9The_Undying_84Posted 4/23/2013 10:10:37 PM
The main characters have no personalities, the only thing to judge them on is appearance. In that regard, I think they're fine in all the games I've played except Platinum, he looks REALLY stupid.

The rivals have gotten worse. Since GSC they've been really lame.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#10bubbub01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:22:12 PM
Bump
---