This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that prefers the look of Pokemon games from the third gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I the only one that prefers the look of Pokemon games from the third gen?
2 years ago#1
I'm glad that the new graphics are so much better, but what really annoyed me about the 4th and 5th gen titles was how oddly three dimensional they were. Not to mention the complete lack of AA, which made it look so weird.

I'm not saying that the new graphics are bad, in fact they're better than the third gen, but does anyone else here feel as if the Pokemon games sometimes look better completely 2D, if not completely 3D?
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
2 years ago#2
Yeah, I was cool with 4th gen, but 5th gen not so much. The lack of AA in 5th gen makes it kind of ugly. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I definitely prefer the look of 3rd and 4th gen, or going totally 3D like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. 6th gen is looking a bit better than 5th, but still seems to have some jagged edges.
2 years ago#3
Hoenn baby!
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
2 years ago#4
I get what you're saying and somewhat agree
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
2 years ago#5
I don't think I've ever really gotten attached to the aesthetics of a specific generation, but I admit that when I saw the X/Y trailers, I was resistant to the 3D change. I later turned on my 3DS and played some White 2, and felt kinda sad to realize that this look would be gone forever. I've since warmed up to the X/Y look, however.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#6
I actually think the gen 3 sprites were horrible
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I the only one that prefers the look of Pokemon games from the third gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived