This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT please! :o

#1ManuKesnaPosted 4/23/2013 10:41:34 PM
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
-Scald
-Toxic/Ice beam
-Perish song/Ice Beam
-Protect

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
-Wish
-Ice Beam/Toxic
-Rest
-Scald

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Calm
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost
-Dragon Tail

Toxicroak @ Life orb
Ability: Dry skin
Nature: Adamant
-Ice Punch
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Bulk Up

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

Who is the weakest link? Should I replace someone? if so, who and with who should I replace it?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#2scrappybristolPosted 4/23/2013 10:55:26 PM
The O-est of U.

Seems pretty average to me. Just do some battles, see what works and what doesn't work,
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#3wind64aPosted 4/23/2013 11:05:10 PM
If you're using it for showdown and such it's fine. If you're using it for official tournaments, you won't be able to due to breaking the item clause.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#4ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:20:53 AM
scrappybristol posted...
The O-est of U.

Seems pretty average to me. Just do some battles, see what works and what doesn't work,

The thing is that i am really new to this, that is why i want some advices/opinions
Oh and i am not playing official tournaments but random battles, friends, battles from the battle board, PWT and yes, showdown too
---
#5wind64aPosted 4/24/2013 7:22:18 AM
ManuKesna posted...
scrappybristol posted...
The O-est of U.

The thing is that i am really new to this, that is why i want some advices/opinions
Oh and i am not playing official tournaments but random battles, friends, battles from the battle board, PWT and yes, showdown too

PWT still requires you to follow the item clause.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#6ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:30:01 AM
ManuKesna posted...
scrappybristol posted...
The O-est of U.

PWT still requires you to follow the item clause.

yeah i know, I can change the items or use the ones with different items but I would like opinions like if I should replace someone, the weakest link or who break the synergy in my team, things like that
---
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/24/2013 8:04:28 AM
You cannot enter any three of these in the same battle. You can have (Politoed/Vaporeon/Dragonite/Ferrrothorn) and (Toxicroak/Mamoswine)

I think the general rain-team-plus-Dragon-counter idea is good, but... it needs to have 3 of the Pokémon usable together. Adjust the items; I'd give the Leftovers to Ferrothorn (the obvious wall) or Vaporeon (who's immune to status); Politoed has Protect and is designed to come in and out when you need weather replaced, and Dragonite has Roost. Also, losing his Flying-type does almost nothing but good for him; the only things he risks getting hit by (and taking more damage under Roost) are Fighting-type moves, Bug-type moves, and Ground-type moves. It actually reduces his Ice weakness and makes Electric-type moves NVE. So Roost is nearly risk-free on Dragonite, so he doesn't really need the Leftovers. (You might try Roosting if someone's going to use a non-priority Ice move; heals you and makes you less weak to it). As for who to give the Life Orb, Toxicroak seems like closer to a sweeper with Substitute to survive longer with Dry Skin, so you don't want him taking extra damage; if you see him using SE moves a lot, give him Expert Belt; otherwise, use a Gem (probably Dark Gem with Sucker Punch). Mamoswine gets the Life Orb for sheer revenge-killing power. So assuming you're giving Vaporeon Leftovers, and assuming you're picking 2 out of the 5 to go with Politoed, you have

Politoed@?
Vaporeon@Leftovers
Ferrothorn@?
Dragonite@?
Toxicroak@Dark Gem
Mamoswine@Life Orb

You can duplicate held items if you never use them in the same battle, right? So give Ferrothorn Leftovers too. (Another option would be the Rocky Helmet to take advantage of his Ability).

Dragonite has the biggest disadvantage in Speed; 80 is rather slow in the modern metagame, on par with unboosted Venusaur and Magikarp. Giving it a Choice Scarf is not an option; he can't switch often due to Stealth Rock, so there's no way to boost its Speed. I don't know what item to give him; ask someone else.

Politoed seems like more of a wall designed to stall the opponent to death, with Toxic, Scald, and Protect (and possibly Perish Song). So it should have an item designed to prevent someone from just hitting it with a perfect-accuracy Thunder. I'd say Wacan Berry, but I'm no expert.

So that's all I have to say on this.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:29:38 AM
You cannot enter any three of these in the same battle. You can have (Politoed/Vaporeon/Dragonite/Ferrrothorn) and (Toxicroak/Mamoswine)

I think the general rain-team-plus-Dragon-counter idea is good, but... it needs to have 3 of the Pokémon usable together. Adjust the items; I'd give the Leftovers to Ferrothorn (the obvious wall) or Vaporeon (who's immune to status); Politoed has Protect and is designed to come in and out when you need weather replaced, and Dragonite has Roost. Also, losing his Flying-type does almost nothing but good for him; the only things he risks getting hit by (and taking more damage under Roost) are Fighting-type moves, Bug-type moves, and Ground-type moves. It actually reduces his Ice weakness and makes Electric-type moves NVE. So Roost is nearly risk-free on Dragonite, so he doesn't really need the Leftovers. (You might try Roosting if someone's going to use a non-priority Ice move; heals you and makes you less weak to it). As for who to give the Life Orb, Toxicroak seems like closer to a sweeper with Substitute to survive longer with Dry Skin, so you don't want him taking extra damage; if you see him using SE moves a lot, give him Expert Belt; otherwise, use a Gem (probably Dark Gem with Sucker Punch). Mamoswine gets the Life Orb for sheer revenge-killing power. So assuming you're giving Vaporeon Leftovers, and assuming you're picking 2 out of the 5 to go with Politoed, you have

Politoed@?
Vaporeon@Leftovers
Ferrothorn@?
Dragonite@?
Toxicroak@Dark Gem
Mamoswine@Life Orb

You can duplicate held items if you never use them in the same battle, right? So give Ferrothorn Leftovers too. (Another option would be the Rocky Helmet to take advantage of his Ability).

Dragonite has the biggest disadvantage in Speed; 80 is rather slow in the modern metagame, on par with unboosted Venusaur and Magikarp. Giving it a Choice Scarf is not an option; he can't switch often due to Stealth Rock, so there's no way to boost its Speed. I don't know what item to give him; ask someone else.

Politoed seems like more of a wall designed to stall the opponent to death, with Toxic, Scald, and Protect (and possibly Perish Song). So it should have an item designed to prevent someone from just hitting it with a perfect-accuracy Thunder. I'd say Wacan Berry, but I'm no expert.

So that's all I have to say on this.

hey thanks! pretty good advices there :) and yeah I dont know what item to use with Dragonite
I have been thinking on doing a more offensive team with Starmie, Scizor and Rotom-W but I dont know who should I replace, maybe Mamoswine, Vaporeon and someone else =/
---
#9ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:29:05 AM
semi-annoying bump

:(
---
#10IrisVilePosted 4/24/2013 11:37:31 AM
ManuKesna posted...
semi-annoying bump

:(

Your team is on the verge of Smogonharder, but I have to go to class so I'll give my two cents when I am back.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.