This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT please! :o

#11ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 12:13:42 PM
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
semi-annoying bump

:(

Your team is on the verge of Smogonharder, but I have to go to class so I'll give my two cents when I am back.

Lol yeah, i am not experienced or good enough to make my own teams and stuff yet
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#12IrisVilePosted 4/24/2013 12:29:40 PM
ManuKesna posted...
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
semi-annoying bump

Your team is on the verge of Smogonharder, but I have to go to class so I'll give my two cents when I am back.

Lol yeah, i am not experienced or good enough to make my own teams and stuff yet

There's nothing wrong with that! Unlike the common misconceptions Smogon is an actual helpful site if you have average reading comprehension. But like I said I'll give you my two cents in a bit!
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#13TheSaintGPosted 4/24/2013 12:48:13 PM
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
semi-annoying bump

This^

Nothing on this is non cookie cutter so what you need to do is not ask for rates on your team buy strategy. Literally even competent person makes their team to beat these threats so its your job to use them unpredictably. But I doubt you can because you don't seem to no how to think outside the box at all.
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#14ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:18:57 PM
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
semi-annoying bump

There's nothing wrong with that! Unlike the common misconceptions Smogon is an actual helpful site if you have average reading comprehension. But like I said I'll give you my two cents in a bit!

Awesome! Thanks for being helpful! I am thinking about adding scizor, starmie or rotom-w to this team but i have no idea who should i replace =\
---
#15IrisVilePosted 4/24/2013 1:23:11 PM
TheSaintG posted...
This*

Nothing on this is non cookie cutter so what you need to do is not ask for rates on your team buy strategy. Literally even competent person makes their team to beat these threats so its your job to use them unpredictably. But I doubt you can because you don't seem to no how to think outside the box at all.

This is a very true statement. The reason I would say I am so-so at competitive at least advising wise is because I use to read Serebii's pokemon of the week ages before I ever began battling people. I myself am very much a unique snowflake but understand synergy and what works and doesn't. I would probably be more decentish if I ran more cookie cutter teams, but with my own twist. But I enjoy winning with unpredictables.

*Edited out your ^ Sorry D:

ManuKesna posted...
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
-Scald
-Toxic/Ice beam
-Perish song/Ice Beam
-Protect

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
-Wish
-Ice Beam/Toxic
-Rest
-Scald

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Calm
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost
-Dragon Tail

Toxicroak @ Life orb
Ability: Dry skin
Nature: Adamant
-Ice Punch
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch
-Bulk Up

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

Who is the weakest link? Should I replace someone? if so, who and with who should I replace it?

First of all I assume you will be running the maxed EVs, and close on IVs.

The Politoed I like to run is sort of typical, but my rain team was mono water and fun, anyway...

Iris suggestion Toed.

Politoed@Lefties(For PWT or the other silly stuff Eject Button)
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def. I want to say 4 Sp. Def
Drizzle
-Scald
-Focus Blast
-Perish Song
-Protect

Basically set Poli comes in sets up one of the arguably best weathers around. Protect is good for scouting. And when you team it up with Perish Song you punish your opponent for trying to set up. (I will say this I tend to run a more Balanced Stall play style so this is my suggestion for Poli, loads of people like a sweeper set on it) I like Focus Blast over Ice Beam, because Scald already hits everything it needs to, and if your opponent actually uses Jellicent/Amoongus Perish Song will force it out.

Vaporeon is fine as it is, really. However a fun set you can run is this one.

Calm
Hydration
252 Hp 252 Sp. Def 4 Def
-Acid Armor
-Sub/Rest
-Scald
-Roar/Wish/Rest/Hp Grass/Toxic

This is just because Vaporeon can actually tank a super effective hit and then still get a boost from Acid Armor, though it is better to switch into something trying to toxic Politoed so you can set up, you may even want Encore on politoed for this combo. That way you can take a Toxic or SR, switch in Vaporeon and set up with Acid Armor to make you a multi wall. The only thing I would watch is what you're doing with the Bold set. Wish pass is better on a regenerator in my opinion...

Dragonite's set is well eh...I feel like you are better suited giving it Sub over dragon tail, or Dragon Pulse, Dragon tail is only going to phaze, but if you haven't set up with ferro you don't got a lot going for it. Besides trying for ParaFusion Hax with Hurricane and Thunder.

Not done yet.
---
#16IrisVilePosted 4/24/2013 1:34:04 PM
For Dragonite I personally like

Careful@lefties/Lum
Roost
DD
Earthquake
Dragon Rush/Outrage

You could consider giving it a sweeper set, or a more troll Dragon Tail set if you plan to get entry hazards to being a more strong focal point.

Impish/Careful/Sassy@Lefties
Multiscalce

Sub
Roost
D-tail
T-wave/Thunder

Basically when you combine this with entry hazards your opponent has to think twice about switch ins.

Or

Jolly@Lefties/Life orb
DD
Roost
Outrage
Earthquake

This is pretty self explanatory get to Plus one and mes stuff up, at full health you should outlive a revenge killer and murder.

Toxicroak is a really great pokemon, but you should play a more bulky role with it.
Dry Skin@Black Sludge
I like running Careful, but feel free to run a mixed(Bulky one) one with max attack.
Bulk Up
Sub
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch/I think it can learn Pursuit/Ice Punch

This is the pretty typical Croak you'll see and it is really hard to take down, especially if you use it as a late game clean up pokemon.

Ferrothorn should never be bold!
Impish/Careful@Lefties/Rocky Helmet
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Gyro Ball*/Leech Seed/Sub/T-wave
Power Whip/Leech Seed/Sub/T-wave

*I personally prefer Iron Head to Gyro ball, but that's just me.

I like Ferrothorn, and it loves rain, you have a lot fo surprising options with it, just look at its movepool and go from there. But if you use it like a subseeder you can really support your team, and annoy your opponents.

Mammoswine is fine in my opinion, but it would be a good one to take out and put Scizor in for.

Hope this helps!

Other team suggestions, Gastrodon, Jellicent, Scizor, Latios, Jirachi, Starmie, Rotom-W, Celebi
---
#17ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:13:35 PM
wowow that is a lot of awesome and useful info, thanks a lot for having the patience to write all that for a newbie like me
---