This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if the metagame was balanced for Gen 6

#1GilgameshSwordsPosted 4/24/2013 3:03:51 AM
Gamefreak decided to listen to Karen and make it feasible for people to win with their favourites

All final evolutions for Stage 2 and Stage 3 Pokémon, as well as non evolvers, would receive Base Stat totals of 580, with various distributions. Legendaries would be capped at 600.

Thoughts?
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#2Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 4/24/2013 3:50:54 AM
I think that's a pretty good idea. If that idea were to be implemented, everyone could use there favorite Pokemon as there main, without minding if it is NU or OU or something.

Also i heard a rumor about a "bond system" that if you train your Pokemon your bond will increase and if your bond is at its maximum it is fully ev/iv trained, and its ready for online battles, but that's only a rumor.
#3DarknessLink7Posted 4/24/2013 3:51:20 AM
Wouldn't that be more boring than balanced?
---
Perfection is at hand! I have been made compleat.
#4Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/24/2013 3:52:43 AM
That's more boring than balanced.
#5SlimeStackPosted 4/24/2013 3:53:24 AM(edited)
Stat totals aren't everything. Typing, movepools, abilities and stat distributions will still cause some Pokémon to be OP and others to be useless.

So the only thing achieved there is stats become more boring than they currently are. :S
---
Moo
#6Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 4/24/2013 3:58:35 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Stat totals aren't everything. Typing, movepools, abilities and stat distributions will still cause some Pokémon to be OP and others to be useless.

So the only thing achieved there is stats become more boring than they currently are. :S

hmm had not thought about that.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/24/2013 3:58:50 AM
The only thing that happens there is that Smeargle and Mew rule Ubers, while Kyurem-B slips further into obscurity, and poor Flareon wishes he had something to use that ~143 Base Attack with.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 4/24/2013 4:02:05 AM
Balancing the metagame in this way would still lead to tiers.
They'd just all be different than they are now.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9LexifoxPosted 4/24/2013 4:03:25 AM
I would play a lot less Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10Gray_AreasPosted 4/24/2013 4:48:49 AM
I'd love for the metagame to be balanced, but this isn't the way to do it. As stated before, many Pokemon are NU/RU/OU not just because of their stats. Movepools and typing play a huge part in the usefulness of a Pokemon. It would still lead to many Pokemon being unused simply because they have terrible moves/typing/stat distribution, thus creating tiers yet again.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480