This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if the metagame was balanced for Gen 6

#21SteaIth_RockPosted 4/24/2013 9:14:15 AM
Tiers are stupid, I don't really listen to them. I use my team of Eeveelutions and still beat that noob team of Tyranitar/Excadrill/Garchomp/Salamence/Haxorus/Metagross

Seems like people love using only like 20 of the same Pokemon. Also Smorons say that Umbreon sucks when its the best Eeveelution in the game as it can tank and help teams with Baton Pass. You have to learn how to use each Pokemons and know their strengths.
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#22GilgameshSwords(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:16:55 AM
Granted I bring my Krookodile into OU but it is viable. But the thing about tiers is over the past five days, I have seen pretty much the same sort of leads. Ferrothorn, Forretress or Drizzle Politoed. Skarmory from time to time. I am the only one I have seen with a Gyarados lead for example.
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#23GiftedACIIIPosted 4/24/2013 9:19:50 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
GilgameshSwords posted...
I am well aware of the Metagame. But say my favourite is an, I dunno, Aerodactyl. We all know that I couldn't really use it against an Espeon.

You can build a team around it. Or you can play RU.

Yeah. Nobody says you HAVE to always play in OU or UU.

Exactly. What people don't get is that the tiers aren't for telling you your favorite Pokemon is bad, it's for f***ing allowing you to win with them by playing in an environment without all the Pokemon gamefreak made more effective.
#24ClassyOldHatPosted 4/24/2013 10:03:06 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
I am well aware of the Metagame. But say my favourite is an, I dunno, Aerodactyl. We all know that I couldn't really use it against an Espeon.

Exactly. What people don't get is that the tiers aren't for telling you your favorite Pokemon is bad, it's for f***ing allowing you to win with them by playing in an environment without all the Pokemon gamefreak made more effective.

No, people get this. They just want to have a game with one environment where every Pokemon stands a good chance in every team, barring ubers (and maybe one where ALL forms of Kyurem are uber), so if they, say have 2 OU favorites, 2 UU favorites, and 2 RU favorites, all can viably compete on the same team.

But I have a feeling that people will continue bashing on those who think a truly balanced metagame would be preferable to one that can only have a semblance of balance through fan made tiers.
#25CakeOfLiesPosted 4/24/2013 10:08:53 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

No, people get this. They just want to have a game with one environment where every Pokemon stands a good chance in every team, barring ubers (and maybe one where ALL forms of Kyurem are uber), so if they, say have 2 OU favorites, 2 UU favorites, and 2 RU favorites, all can viably compete on the same team.

But I have a feeling that people will continue bashing on those who think a truly balanced metagame would be preferable to one that can only have a semblance of balance through fan made tiers.

This is proof that people don't get it.
Have you any idea how hard it would be to balance the metagame like that? Everything would literally have to have the same exact type, stats, movepool, and ability for that to work.

There's nothing stopping you from using Charizard in OU. Heck, some people can even get him to work. The only one that's telling you that RU Pokemon stand no chance in OU is you.
Just does it mean that Smogon doesn't have a strategy for something, doesn't mean that you can't make one. The tier list is there to make the game fair, not to tell you that your favorite sucks for being RU.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#26DarkDragon386Posted 4/24/2013 10:29:38 AM(edited)
Fire SE against Rock and Ground types.

Why? Fire is already good against 4 types.

Unfortunately you can't beat this into some people's thick heads. If you really want to use Arbok in OU, then go out there and find a good way to use it. Then, it might make OU if it's successful enough. And no one is preventing you from using lower tier Pokemon in higher tiers. Ferro, Forre, weather initiaters, etc. are common leads because they are successful.

I personally like to use liquid ooze Tenta as my main lead, especially against the Ferros that love to leech seed everything the can. And to set up toxic spikes and to haze the persky baton passers.

Also, I use a non-rain Ludicolo just fine in OU with a team of 5 other waters.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#27GiftedACIIIPosted 4/24/2013 12:36:15 PM(edited)
ClassyOldHat posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

That's why I also mentioned building a team around it. You can't expect all Pokemon to be on the same level of effectiveness. No game is like that. So don't be so stubborn with your favorites and use them all together at once if their effectiveness is so far apart (though I'd think 2 OU, 2 UU, and 2 RU would work out fine if their typing/stats complement each other) If one of your favorites is NU and others are OU, center your team around the NU, and take other OU or UU Pokemon that you like to help it achieve it's goal. Or if you have more NU favorites, find other NU Pokemon you like and play there. Do you seriously have only 6 Pokemon in the entire game that you like?

Also now there is TIER SHIFT on Showdown. Your mediocre Pokemon of NU, RU, and UU are now more than ready to battle alongside your favorite OUs.
#28FuzzyJelloPosted 4/24/2013 12:53:34 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Just does it mean that Smogon doesn't have a strategy for something, doesn't mean that you can't make one. The tier list is there to make the game fair, not to tell you that your favorite sucks for being RU.

The miscommunication is that tiers are not the problem. Smogon tiers don't demand you choose anything. The problem is dedicated competitive players probably will, which means someone who wants to break the mold will have a hard time getting help on an unconventional team- which is where the real issue comes from. For instance, say I wanted to put a Fearow on my OU team. What do you think would be in every response on a rate my team board would be? Presuming they didn't write of the entire team as a joke or gimmick then and there? Drop Fearow. Doesn't matter that you know you're consciously aware you are handicapping yourself, drop the bird.
#29reaverzPosted 4/24/2013 1:03:03 PM
There would still be tier lists, don't kid yourselves. Types, abilities, and movepools are just as important as base stats.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#30NeoFalconHavokPosted 4/24/2013 1:54:56 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Fire SE against Rock and Ground types.

Why? Fire is already good against 4 types.

Gives them extra girth that no one could ignore.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO