This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will GF ever stop trolling us with ridiculous catch rates for legendaries?

#41DragoniteZZPosted 4/25/2013 12:04:40 AM
GameFreak should implement a catching system similar to the battle system of Shadow Hearts (on PS2) and its sequels.

It's simply a line that rotates around the radius of a circle and you stop it with a button press on highlighted areas to create action. For regular catches they make it easy by having small highlighted areas you have to hit a few times in a row. As you damage the pokemon, the size of the highlighted area either gets bigger or you have to hit the area more than once.

For legendary pokemon, the size of the highlighted area could be merely a 1 or 2 degree angle of an entire 360 degree circle. And maybe you would have to hit the hightlighted area more than once. As you damage the pokemon or inflict status effects, you can make the highlighted area larger or reduce the amount of times you need to succeed in order to catch the pokemon.

Different balls affect the judgement ring system in different ways.
I really do think the Shadow Hearts system would fit well for a "new and innovative" method of catching pokemon.
---
---Wiz Kidz
ConanTheCat
#42gpstylezPosted 4/25/2013 12:28:34 AM
I agree with what you said. You're so fixated on catching the legendaries (especially when trying to get a specific nature and good IVs) that it gets really frustrating and very time consuming. Sometimes it's all about luck. I caught my Articuno by using only 2 great balls and Ho-Oh with 3 Lure Balls.
---
I don't care which team wins the NBA playoffs...as long as it's not the Miami Heat.
PW2: 3912-5390-4626
#43ajko000Posted 4/25/2013 1:27:29 AM
I'd rather have an option to speed up gameplay, so I'm not stuck grinding my animal slaves for hours on end.
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk