This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you think Gamefreak created glut of fire/fighting starters?

#1keyos27Posted 4/24/2013 9:54:25 AM
Why do you think Gamefreak created glut of fire/fighting starters? - Results (262 votes)
In order to see us going crazy over the repetitive pattern
23.28% (61 votes)
They could not come up with cool designs for non-fire/fighting type
26.72% (70 votes)
To increase the volume of fighting and fire type Pokemon
13.36% (35 votes)
To hold the UFC for fire/fighting types in the future
18.32% (48 votes)
Others
18.32% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What is your thought?
---
My team blue: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7449/teamblue2copy.jpg
#2TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/26/2013 5:29:38 AM
bump
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#3LenneValkiryePosted 4/26/2013 5:31:33 AM
Marketing and kid appeal.
Fire/fighting is reminiscent of those grade-B shonen anime with stereotypical dumb protagonists such as Dragon Ball (guess what Infernape was based on?).

I can understand when a 6-year old kid likes pokemon such as Blaziken, but I feel embarassed for the 20+ years old ones who do.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 5:32:44 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Fire/fighting is reminiscent of those grade-B shonen anime with stereotypical dumb protagonists such as Dragon Ball (guess what Infernape was based on?).

I can understand when a 6-year old kid likes pokemon such as Blaziken, but I feel embarassed for the 20+ years old ones who do.

You feel embarrassed when 20-year-olds like Captain Falcon?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#5NatatteruPosted 4/26/2013 5:34:59 AM

You know that most DBZ fans are definitely not kids anymore, therefore kid appeal for these games would not work like that, right?
---
Official Swordmaster and Husband of Say'ri from the FE Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion
#6Davidk92Posted 4/26/2013 5:36:34 AM
LenneValkirye posted...

Hey, Goku was pretty much the ORIGINAL dumb protagonist. The only reason it's a stereotype is because everyone copied the idea from him.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#7LenneValkiryePosted 4/26/2013 5:41:20 AM(edited)
Just watch the Sinnoh anime episodes featuring Infernape (especially ANY battle against Paul) and come tell me with a straight face that it wasn't meant to be a kid appeal character.
Hell, one could even say that Infernape replaced Pikachu as Ash's main pokemon in that season.

The fact that it makes Charizard look almost "not-in-your-face" in comparison speaks volumes.
#8Davidk92Posted 4/26/2013 5:42:07 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Just watch the Sinnoh anime episodes featuring Infernape (especially ANY battle against Paul) and come tell me with a straight face that it wasn't meant to be a kid appeal character.
Hell, one could even say that Infernape replaced Pikachu as Ash's main pokemon in that season.

The fact that it makes Charizard look almost "not-in-your-face" in comparison speaks volumes.

The entire damn anime was made with "kid appeal." Arguments regarding the anime don't apply to the games.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#9Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/26/2013 5:44:09 AM

Infernape's based on the same character that Goku was based on, not Goku himself.

Yes, Infernape was the star of the arc, but it had good development and and a good story arc.
#10NessEggmanPosted 4/26/2013 5:54:51 AM
Davidk92 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...

The entire damn anime was made with "kid appeal." Arguments regarding the anime don't apply to the games.

... All of the character designs for every monster are created with 'kid appeal.' Begining with their look in the games. Anime or not, Pokemon is made with kids in mind. Even the "big and tough" Pokemon are still pretty cute and colorful.

There are things that adults can appreciate in the game, and complex game mechanics that intrigue older players... but at its core, Pokemon (as a game) is created for small children and marketed almost exclusively to small children.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."