This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If any of the new types are actually real, I feel like a lot of people here

#1grape_purplePosted 4/24/2013 10:05:38 AM
would make topics about how pokemon is ruined for them.
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#2jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 10:11:01 AM
Eh, not me. I really don't think a Fairy type would be a good idea... but it would take far worse than that to completely ruin the franchise for me. Frankly, I'm neutral regarding a new type... I just think Fairy a poor choice for one.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Arne83Posted 4/24/2013 10:11:12 AM
Probably. But they're the same kind of people that think GameFreak ruined their childhoods by giving Mewtwo a new form, so who cares.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#4Master XPosted 4/24/2013 11:31:49 AM(edited)
It's just one of those things you'll know will eventually happen. It's one of those steps needed to give it a quick bit of freshness. Like the "only Black/White"Pokemon in the last game until post game.

Personally I expect two new types (opposing?) and a vastly improved night/day/season and weather feature. I want EVERY Pokemon in the game CATCHABLE post game. Maybe during the spring in certain area, if it rains the area will flood. Maybe rain in the desert in certain seasons causes mud-living Pokemon to show up. Or maybe there's like 0.5% chance of it snowing in the desert in winter, and Vannilites show up with special abilities/moves that give heat resistance (due to their unique environment). Basically to go with the Dream Ability Pokemon, special "environment adapted" Pokemon created by unique conditions.

I also want to see more Pokemon with special features, like the notched-ear Pichu, like maybe a scruffy-fur Umbreon or a sparkle-eyes Espeon etc. Basically lots of them.

---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 4/24/2013 2:46:53 PM
Master X posted...
It's just one of those things you'll know will eventually happen. It's one of those steps needed to give it a quick bit of freshness. Like the "only Black/White"Pokemon in the last game until post game.

Personally I expect two new types (opposing?) and a vastly improved night/day/season and weather feature. I want EVERY Pokemon in the game CATCHABLE post game. Maybe during the spring in certain area, if it rains the area will flood. Maybe rain in the desert in certain seasons causes mud-living Pokemon to show up. Or maybe there's like 0.5% chance of it snowing in the desert in winter, and Vannilites show up with special abilities/moves that give heat resistance (due to their unique environment). Basically to go with the Dream Ability Pokemon, special "environment adapted" Pokemon created by unique conditions.

I also want to see more Pokemon with special features, like the notched-ear Pichu, like maybe a scruffy-fur Umbreon or a sparkle-eyes Espeon etc. Basically lots of them.

So... 1/4 of the time, you have an 0.5% chance to get Flash Fire (or Heatproof, or whatever) Vanillite?

That example is flawed, because in a given season-month, you have an 86% chance to NEVER see these things. It takes around a year on average for someone to see a specific event. Not an in-game year (aka 4 months), a real year. Get better numbers, then i like it. If the special features are just visual changes (like shininess) then they might just take up development time, but I like the concept.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#6BlazingRainPosted 4/24/2013 4:14:54 PM
I'd be very happy to see one or more new types, and think it's hilarious that people feel like type changes would "ruin" older Pokemon for them.

On the other hand, I hope it's not something incredibly specific and not very useful like "fairy" type. Light type, gravity type, radiation type, or energy type, those could work.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#7jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 4:19:30 PM(edited)
BlazingRain posted...
On the other hand, I hope it's not something incredibly specific and not very useful like "fairy" type. Light type, gravity type, radiation type, or energy type, those could work.

An "energy" type is useless for exactly the opposite reason - instead of being too specific, it's too general. "Radiation" strikes me as no less specific than "Fairy".

And I don't even like the "Fairy" type.

Light's okay. Gravity isn't a popular choice, but they could do things with it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8BlazingRainPosted 4/24/2013 4:35:21 PM
jayman7 posted...
BlazingRain posted...

An "energy" type is useless for exactly the opposite reason - instead of being too specific, it's too general. "Radiation" strikes me as no less specific than "Fairy".

And I don't even like the "Fairy" type.

Light's okay. Gravity isn't a popular choice, but they could do things with it.

"Energy," "radiation," and "light" could all basically be names for the same type. Light is a type of radiation, so it's actually more specific.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#9grape_purple(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:37:11 PM
It's really hard to come up with a new type. If someone mentions a new type, most of the time it fits a type that already exists.

Light is just the electric type really.
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/24/2013 4:37:21 PM
Arne83 posted...
Probably. But they're the same kind of people that think GameFreak ruined their childhoods by giving Mewtwo a new form, so who cares.

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.